Grand Theft Auto V

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

Post by Pulsar_t »

Gotta love those unpaid drone-like corporate fan-shits.

Also,
http://www.destructoid.com/jimquisition ... 1942.phtml
Last edited by Pulsar_t on Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
oxymoron
Next-Gen

Post by oxymoron »

General_Norris wrote:We are finally reaching the point where 9/10 equals death threats.

Gamespot always gets a lot of heat for giving anything diffrent than IGN. To me that's a big red flag that IGN gives any super-hype game a 10. I guess Gamespot dosn't get all those 'advertisment' contracts.
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

The Escapist gave the game a 7/10 which should provide the usual stupid fanboy backlash. The review itself, while slightly biased, is quite insightful on how the split protagonist gameplay can be a detriment later on in the game.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

does anyone really even care about number scores? but even if the story is not great it doesn't matter much to me as 99% of my fun in GTA games is just exploring and messing about causing mass havoc. I'm sure I'm not the only one in that camp.
oxymoron
Next-Gen

Post by oxymoron »

ninjainspandex wrote:does anyone really even care about number scores? but even if the story is not great it doesn't matter much to me as 99% of my fun in GTA games is just exploring and messing about causing mass havoc. I'm sure I'm not the only one in that camp.

It's not the score in itself that matters. It's the corruption it represents.
Sload Soap
Next-Gen

Post by Sload Soap »

oxymoron wrote:
ninjainspandex wrote:does anyone really even care about number scores? but even if the story is not great it doesn't matter much to me as 99% of my fun in GTA games is just exploring and messing about causing mass havoc. I'm sure I'm not the only one in that camp.

It's not the score in itself that matters. It's the corruption it represents.

Erm... :lol:
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Look, scores don't mean much in reality. They are very subjective to the reviewer and there is no standard scoring for all games. Also, some game companies offer future exclusive news features and even pay money for high scores (whether they did or not for GTA is inconsequential). There is a lot of subjectivity in the realm of game reviews, a subjectivity which is incredibly frustrating as a consumer interested in a purchase.

This is why you need to do your research, actually READ the review and look at various other reviews to help get a better picture of whether the game will good or not.

Saying that a score represents corruption is just dramatizing the situation. Game scores are not the end of the world and they don't completely destroy the definition of good vs. bad. It is an imperfect system that people want. We want to label and thus we do.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Look, scores don't mean much in reality. They are very subjective to the reviewer and there is no standard scoring for all games. Also, some game companies offer future exclusive news features and even pay money for high scores (whether they did or not for GTA is inconsequential). There is a lot of subjectivity in the realm of game reviews, a subjectivity which is incredibly frustrating as a consumer interested in a purchase.

This is why you need to do your research, actually READ the review and look at various other reviews to help get a better picture of whether the game will good or not.

Saying that a score represents corruption is just dramatizing the situation. Game scores are not the end of the world and they don't completely destroy the definition of good vs. bad. It is an imperfect system that people want. We want to label and thus we do.

I recently spoke to an editor in chief for one of the top 5 or so game-related websites who told me in his many, many years he's never seen or heard of scores for money or favors outside of that one infamous he said/she said Gamespot debacle. I believe him.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

I prefer reviewers who outline the pros and cons of a game and leave it up to you to decide, not some useless number score.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

dsheinem wrote:
BogusMeatFactory wrote:Look, scores don't mean much in reality. They are very subjective to the reviewer and there is no standard scoring for all games. Also, some game companies offer future exclusive news features and even pay money for high scores (whether they did or not for GTA is inconsequential). There is a lot of subjectivity in the realm of game reviews, a subjectivity which is incredibly frustrating as a consumer interested in a purchase.

I recently spoke to an editor in chief for one of the top 5 or so game-related websites who told me in his many, many years he's never seen or heard of scores for money or favors outside of that one infamous he said/she said Gamespot debacle. I believe him.

That is why I didn't really rely on that statement as part of the post. Outside of the one instance, mentioned, I don't know of any other times that it has happened. The big focus is of course on the subjective nature of videogame reviews.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.