Together Retro: Shining Force

Join in on our classic gaming club!
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Re: Together Retro: Shining Force

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

noiseredux wrote:zombies? What chapter are you on Ryan?

The first battle of Chapter 2. After killing the easy enemies (bats etc.) and crossing the bridge, you venture into the sand and deal with a few archers and mages as I recall. Then there are zombies and a few mages blocking the way into the town.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:

The first battle of Chapter 2. After killing the easy enemies and crossing the bridge, you venture into the sand and deal with a few archers and mages as I recall. Then there are zombies and a few mages blocking the way into the town.

oooh. Yr at the same part as me then. Hopefully I'll get a chance at this battle tonight, but doubtful with trick or treaters and all.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

Werent the Zombies early on before chapter 2?
I noticed once you are able to form a team of 12,the strategy and fun really begins. Depending on the battle you may have to split teams up into different paths/approaches.What helps with me is to have a full balanced team stick together such as healer,archer,mage and a beatstick.

Also when facing a boss type character arrange your crew like a championship chess battle (meaning your pawns in front,Heavy hitters 2nd,Mages/healers 3rd and long rangers so on and so forth).You can find hints and tips at HQ,talk to dogdude he gives advice.Talk to your party members multiple times as you can be rewarded with their cards (forget if this is in the other versions).
And what else?...
Oh yea the terrain has a lot to do with grid movements and with dealing and being dealt damage.
Last edited by TEKTORO on Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

noiseredux wrote:
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:

The first battle of Chapter 2. After killing the easy enemies and crossing the bridge, you venture into the sand and deal with a few archers and mages as I recall. Then there are zombies and a few mages blocking the way into the town.

oooh. Yr at the same part as me then. Hopefully I'll get a chance at this battle tonight, but doubtful with trick or treaters and all.

USE Blaze magic from a distance to knock out those guys,Its alil tough at first.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Make sure not to miss getting domingo, best mage in the game.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Jmustang1968 wrote:Make sure not to miss getting domingo, best mage in the game.

How do I hatch the egg?
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Jmustang1968 wrote:Make sure not to miss getting domingo, best mage in the game.

How do I hatch the egg?

Chapter 4 the second time you get to Pao (?) the traveling town. Some randomly normal looking guy hatches it with his new invention (which looks like a normal old chest).

Also remember, it is better to not promote until level 15+ unless you have a weapon that can only be used by a promoted character. The promotion stats are based on an equation from the pre-promoted stats.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: Atari 2600 & 5200, NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis,
Sega CD, Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU, XBONE & Switch.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Oh heck yeah, gonna start this one up today I hope.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

SpaceBooger wrote:
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:

How do I hatch the egg?

Chapter 4 the second time you get to Pao (?) the traveling town. Some randomly normal looking guy hatches it with his new invention (which looks like a normal old chest).

Also remember, it is better to not promote until level 15+ unless you have a weapon that can only be used by a promoted character. The promotion stats are based on an equation from the pre-promoted stats.

Awesome Im just starting chapter 3,which only took a couple of hours.
Runefaust
64-bit

Post by Runefaust »

Wish I could start this one up again, but I'm hella busy this month... I used to play Shining Force over an' over when I was younger. Finally got my younger brothers to play the game through a few months ago, heh. It's still one of, if not my most favorite RPGs of all-time.