Together Retro: Riviera The Promised Land

Join in on our classic gaming club!
soul_hacker
64-bit

Re: Together Retro: Riviera The Promised Land

Post by soul_hacker »

I bought the GBA port about six months ago and played it a little bit. I want to try it again. I'll start tomorrow when this hangover ends.
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

Well, I picked up the game but now I have a headache; stupid Badgers. I'll probably have to wait until tomorrow before firing it up.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

I started playing it for a bit this afternoon. It seems kinda slow so far, but I am also really tired...
Anyway, Ill give it a go for a week or so. I really want to participate in TR more this year.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: Atari 2600 & 5200, NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis,
Sega CD, Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU, XBONE & Switch.
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

Post by gtmtnbiker »

noiseredux wrote:The article should be up later today.

I found the article to be on the skimpier side compared with previous TR articles. Perhaps you could add a section concerning gameplay?

In the history section, the last two paragraphs repeat the phrase "would go on to". Changing the second instance to something else would help.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

gtmtnbiker wrote:
noiseredux wrote:The article should be up later today.

I found the article to be on the skimpier side compared with previous TR articles. Perhaps you could add a section concerning gameplay?

In the history section, the last two paragraphs repeat the phrase "would go on to". Changing the second instance to something else would help.

that's because it was the first one that I wrote... and I had about 24 hours notice that it needed to be done. So... :?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I'm over 5 hrs now. Cierra just joined my party.
Flake

Post by Flake »

Have I mentioned how much I f'ing hate the JRPG trope where some stupid girl character always refers to herself in the 3rd person?
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
Bastion
8-bit

Post by Bastion »

I had just started Wild Arms XF on the PSP when I saw that the new Together Retro was Riviera. I decided to put Wild Arms XF on hold and start up Riviera(PSP version).

After 2.5 hours I have found the game to be very slow in all aspects and kind of boring. I also wish I had more control over the characters. I'll keep plugging away but so far Wild Arms XF is looking really good in comparison.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Bastian, it's funny -- I feel like you either love this game or hate it. And the deciding factor seems to be that you either love the limitations put on you, or you hate them. Like the simplicity either feels like concise or boring. Not a lot of middle ground.
Flake

Post by Flake »

@Bastion

In my opinion, the game seems to really pick up at around the 5 hour mark (depending on how much you practice to bump up your skillset). I am actually very impressed with how the story is unfolding.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?