Super Mario 3 or Super Mario World?

Like running and jumping? Discuss it here!

Which is better?

Super Mario Bros 3.
39%
Super Mario World
39%
Both are equally great
22%

Total votes: 128

emwearz
Next-Gen

Re: Super Mario 3 or Super Mario World?

Post by emwearz »

Breetai wrote:
emwearz wrote:I love stories like this, just wanted to say that was a pleasure of a short read.

I use too many commas... How's your Saturn going, by the way? Still working well?

I honestly don't think I have been so attracted to a console in my life, sure there are consoles I play more often, with games I like far more but there is something about the Saturn and the way it feels playing SEGA games on it, MAGIC!

Still broke as shit (ahh the joys of being a student), playing backups until I can afford the real copies is keeping me mighty entertained, I utterly love Marvel Super Heroes, lots of hours of entertainment with my comic collecting mates.
Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

emwearz wrote:
Breetai wrote:
emwearz wrote:I love stories like this, just wanted to say that was a pleasure of a short read.

I use too many commas... How's your Saturn going, by the way? Still working well?

I honestly don't think I have been so attracted to a console in my life, sure there are consoles I play more often, with games I like far more but there is something about the Saturn and the way it feels playing SEGA games on it, MAGIC!

Still broke as shit (ahh the joys of being a student), playing backups until I can afford the real copies is keeping me mighty entertained, I utterly love Marvel Super Heroes, lots of hours of entertainment with my comic collecting mates.

Glad you're liking it! The Saturn and PC Engine are DEFINITELY my favourite retro consoles. Hell, when I play PS3 and Wii most of my time is spend playing PC Engine games are Konami games that ended up on the Saturn Deluxe Packs. These are for sure the most fun systems to collect for! VERY glad you are liking the Saturn. Saturn and PC Engine both have that magic that no other system has (DC and PC-FX comes close, but not quite!).
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

HellHammer wrote:

4. And I don't know why more people aren't saying YOSHI!

Cause he played like crap in Mario World. He was uber in Yoshi's Island, but in Mario World I found it easier to lose while riding yoshi.

Also I don't see what the debate is. Super Mario Land 2 is the best 2D Mario game end of story.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
elvis
128-bit

Post by elvis »

SMW for me. I guess it's due quite a bit to me missing the NES all together, and not playing SMB3 until All-Stars on SNES.

But SMW just had so many great touches. Little things, like I *love* how the background music adds the drum track when you jump on Yoshi. It might be small, but it's the hundreds of little touches like that that show how much effort went into the smallest details.
Flake

Post by Flake »

ZeroAX wrote:Also I don't see what the debate is. Super Mario Land 2 is the best 2D Mario game end of story.

Agreed, sir. You have both logic and truth on your side. I never had as much fun with a Mario game as I had with that one.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

ZeroAX wrote:
Also I don't see what the debate is. Super Mario Land 2 is the best 2D Mario game end of story.

I like the first Mario Land better. 8)
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

noiseredux wrote:
ZeroAX wrote:

very different games though.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

ZeroAX wrote:
noiseredux wrote:
ZeroAX wrote:

very different games though.

absolutely.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Wario Land was the best Mario Land game.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Flake

Post by Flake »

MrPopo wrote:Wario Land was the best Mario Land game.

That was actually the only Wario Land game I didn't like. It was just too slow compared to Mario Land 2 and too bland compared to Wario Land 2-4
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?