New Contra Announced for PSN and XBLA

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
dischord76
24-bit

Re: New Contra Announced for PSN and XBLA

Post by dischord76 »

Do you think shattered soldier would have trouble reading on the backwards compatible version of the ps3? My house mate has one, so I don't know too much about it. I'm thinking about getting it though, my ps2 unfortunately is almost dead. Stopped reading Dvd's, then ps1 games, and now takes about 5 minutes to read ps2 games at startup :(
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

dischord76 wrote:Do you think shattered soldier would have trouble reading on the backwards compatible version of the ps3? My house mate has one, so I don't know too much about it. I'm thinking about getting it though, my ps2 unfortunately is almost dead. Stopped reading Dvd's, then ps1 games, and now takes about 5 minutes to read ps2 games at startup :(

Shattered Soldier works for me on the BC PS3 80GB.
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

Picked up Shattered Soldier about a week ago. I have been enjoying the hell out of it when can pull myself away from Soukyugurentai Otokuyo. The game feels more memorization based than earlier Contras. I mean, other Contras required you to remember everything past a certain point, but Shattered Soldier will have you taking notes in the first level. It feels very R-Type Final because of this (thankfully it doesn't suck like R-Type Final). Being a PS2 2.5D title means iffy collision detection.

I know I sound critical, but CSS is (or rather was) the Contra game we were waiting for. It just doesn't feel as polished as the greats that are Contra III and Contra Hard Corps. It's really a shame no one picked this up when it was new.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

wip3outguy7 wrote:Picked up Shattered Soldier about a week ago. I have been enjoying the hell out of it when can pull myself away from Soukyugurentai Otokuyo. The game feels more memorization based than earlier Contras. I mean, other Contras required you to remember everything past a certain point, but Shattered Soldier will have you taking notes in the first level. It feels very R-Type Final because of this (thankfully it doesn't suck like R-Type Final). Being a PS2 2.5D title means iffy collision detection.

I know I sound critical, but CSS is (or rather was) the Contra game we were waiting for. It just doesn't feel as polished as the greats that are Contra III and Contra Hard Corps. It's really a shame no one picked this up when it was new.

i also picked up Shattered Soldier (from Hobie) and I'm having blast with it. Too bad the sequel is not the same (Contra Neo). :?
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Mr.White555
64-bit

Post by Mr.White555 »

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/7657 ... 26005.html

Some Relatively new screen shots are on ign. It looks like there will be a water level reminiscent of Contra 4's homage to Operation C. Also a jungle level(s?)
Mr.White555
64-bit

Post by Mr.White555 »

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/01/11/hard- ... enshotted/

Leading the charge on February 16 in XBLA's House Party promotion is Konami's "not-Contra" title, Hard Corps: Uprising, for 1200 MS points ($15). Alongside the news of the game's price, Konami dropped off a gaggle of new screenshots as well. No Bill or Lance to be found, unfortunately.

Intriguing.
final fight cd
Next-Gen

Post by final fight cd »

too bad i won't be able to enjoy this with the piece of shit d-pad.
if you took a shit, please put it back
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

final fight cd wrote:too bad i won't be able to enjoy this with the piece of shit d-pad.

Blanka fight pad saves the day :)
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
jfe2
Next-Gen

Post by jfe2 »

Bradtemple87 wrote:
final fight cd wrote:too bad i won't be able to enjoy this with the piece of shit d-pad.

I have the Blanka fight pad too! Awesome! :lol:

The d-pad on it really is awesome. I use it on my laptop for games, as well as XBLA stuff.
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

jfe2 wrote:
Bradtemple87 wrote:

I have the Blanka fight pad too! Awesome! :lol:

The d-pad on it really is awesome. I use it on my laptop for games, as well as XBLA stuff.

WIN
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739