The Official Racketboy IRC Channel: PLEASE READ FIRST POST!

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
weasels
Next-Gen

Re: Racketboy IRC Chan

Post by weasels »

jfe2 wrote:Today we discussed the insane toughness of Ninja Gaiden on the NES and Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts on the SNES. Other topics included Front Mission, Demon's Crest on the SNES, Sega platformers, Mr Popo's underwear, Batman TAS, Reading Rainbow, and more!

... :shock:

Seriously, it has been very fun. I encourage more people to join! We are mostly on around this time every night, although some of us are on sporadically throughout the day.

ahhh i missed a topic about mr.popo's underwear!? AND READING RAINBOW!!!!!!! CURSE ME AND MY ABILITY TO BE TIRED EASILY!
"ninja's wear clothing of every color so they can blend with the alphabet."-best friend concerning bushido blade 2.
my trade and sell list is right here: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20601

N64, saturn model 2, ds, Dreamcast, ps1, ps2, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, xbox, 3DO, psp slim (v.3001.)
feel free to PM/IM me if you feel like talking to me.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Wait, is mIRC really trying to charge me $20 for this? Seriously?
jfe2
Next-Gen

Post by jfe2 »

Ack wrote:Wait, is mIRC really trying to charge me $20 for this? Seriously?

You can just click on the IRC chat link at the top of the forums and use Racketboy's client. That's what I've been doing.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

You dont have to buy anything, its free. Once your 'trial' period runs out you just have to wait 10 seconds on booting the program before you can use it.
Ack

Post by Ack »

jfe2 wrote:

You can just click on the IRC chat link at the top of the forums and use Racketboy's client. That's what I've been doing.

Hmm...on a funny note, I've never noticed that before.

I tried joining via mIRC following the directions put up, but every time I did, it would boot me and say that it would only allow registered accounts to access that channel, or something to that effect.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

And there are various other ways to get on IRC aside from mIRC.

The one thing is you can't get into the IRC straight from mIRC. Your first time you have to go to the everywherechat.com site and log in using their in-browser client. Sign in with the nick you want to use, then click options and register this nickname. That way you can then log in using whatever client you want. If you don't do this you will be auto booted every time you sign in, since your nick won't be in the database.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
glynnahab
128-bit

Post by glynnahab »

MrPopo wrote:And there are various other ways to get on IRC aside from mIRC.

I just type http://www.racketboy.com/chat in my browser. From there I enter my username and password for the forums.

I don't know anything about IRC, but it seems to be a lot easier than all that fancy-schmancy computer-talk you guys are suffering through.
kingmohd84 wrote:I really won't buy a console with hair,
u never know where that hair came from
OldSchool_Boy
Next-Gen

Post by OldSchool_Boy »

You can enter anything in IRC Chat link.

Type in the username you want and use 1 as a password.
final fight cd wrote:moral of story: when in a shady part of town, don't ask random thugs where the sega is at.
Niode
Next-Gen

Post by Niode »

I've got myself back onto the IRC chat, is there any chance somebody could change my status to mod? Nickname is the same as here.

Hopefully it'll stay active for longer than last time we tried to get it going! I think the more people know about it the better.

Somebody should sticky this topic (I can't for some reason).
Marurun wrote:Don’t mind-shart your pants, guys
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I idle throughout the day on my mIRC client at home, so when I get back in the evening I'll promote any mods I see.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.