Anyone still buy Dreamcast games?

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

americankgb wrote:I'm getting dreamcast tuesday. Wooot!

Sweet! you won't regret it?
How much did you get it for?
americankgb
16-bit

Post by americankgb »

$60 for dreamcast, rca & rf cables, 4 controllers and 2 memory cards. 3 rumble packs, and the web disc.

+

Power Stone
Capcom vs. SNK
Sonic Adventure
Jet Grind Radio
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

americankgb wrote:$60 for dreamcast, rca & rf cables, 4 controllers and 2 memory cards. 3 rumble packs, and the web disc.

+

Power Stone
Capcom vs. SNK
Sonic Adventure
Jet Grind Radio

Not bad, not bad at all :)
Congrats!
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

racketboy wrote:
americankgb wrote:$60 for dreamcast, rca & rf cables, 4 controllers and 2 memory cards. 3 rumble packs, and the web disc.

+

Power Stone
Capcom vs. SNK
Sonic Adventure
Jet Grind Radio

Not bad, not bad at all :)
Congrats!

PowerStone and CVS generally sell for $15 each on ebay, so that's a steal. Nice one.
americankgb
16-bit

Post by americankgb »

I'm excited. Gonna be dropping a lot of money on shmups in the near future.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

http://cgi.ebay.com/railroad-tycoon-II_ ... dZViewItem
Just nabbed Railroad Tycoon 2. I've never found a selfbootable version of this for download, and I've failed at selfbooting it myself. It always freezes at the title screen. It got above average reviews, and it's part of an uncommon genre for the DC so it's worth having, or should be. We'll see.

Also that dude who sent me the two busted games refunded me the measily $3. So that's nice. And Ecco 3 came in near perfect condition. Great game. Definitely a graphical showpiece.
Zalphier
24-bit

Post by Zalphier »

Just gatta say, you'll love railroad tycoon 2. I thought it was better than the pc version. The game is actually kind of hard to find today(outside of the net) because not many people gave it a chance. Most people went straight for ecco and sonic adventure. Oh, and ecco, I think it's defender of earths future. I loved that game, it still looks great, good gameplay, and of course, good level design. Beware though, it get's kinda hard near the end(for me at least).
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Zalphier wrote:Just gatta say, you'll love railroad tycoon 2. I thought it was better than the pc version. The game is actually kind of hard to find today(outside of the net) because not many people gave it a chance. Most people went straight for ecco and sonic adventure. Oh, and ecco, I think it's defender of earths future. I loved that game, it still looks great, good gameplay, and of course, good level design. Beware though, it get's kinda hard near the end(for me at least).

Yeah, it seems like the Dreamcast one is 3D while the PC version is 2D. The PS1 version looks like a stripped down PC version. This should be a solid title for the collection.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Just recieved a broken DC in good condition for $5 + $5 ship. Power seems to run through it, but it displays nothing on the screen. Even if the mobo has an issue, the gdrom, control deck, psu, and fan should still be good.
Vhaeos
8-bit

Post by Vhaeos »

Hrm, bumping quite an old thread. Just ran over this while searching for references prices on Rez, and thought I'd leave a comment.
jemsic wrote:Oh, and Vhaeos - Rez was only a Jap import on DC, so you most likely won't find it in stores.
I went and checked one of the local trade game shops, and amazingly, they had a PAL version of Rez. Sealed, too, I think. It's just too bad it was about as much as the console its self. (Like 35-40$.) But, yeah, does anyone know if that's a fair price for Rez? I checked a few places trying to find reference prices but didn't have much luck. I highly doubt it's still there, since it may have very well been a month since I saw it. But, yeah, I'm going back today, and may pick it up.