DREAMCAST VGA QUESTIONS! come here for everything VGA w/ DC.

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Re: DREAMCAST VGA QUESTIONS! come here for everything VGA w/

Post by elmagicochrisg »

Last edited by elmagicochrisg on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »

Last edited by elmagicochrisg on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
eastside
24-bit

Re: DREAMCAST VGA QUESTIONS! come here for everything VGA w/ DC.

Post by eastside »

I've been trying to tackle the same vertical line problem others have for a while.

Using this Racketboy cable:

I got pretty apparent vertical lines in Sony Bravia LCD.

Tried the same cable and DC with my Dell Monitor and got this:

Less apparent because the screen is smaller but I got the same vertical lines and dot crawl. Surprising because I thought it was a problem with the LCD monitor and DC VGA compatibility. Now I think it might be the cable.

Incidentally, my Xbox VGA setup is flawless.

Would like to experiment with Racketboy's VGA box next.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Try the VGA Cable on a CRT monitor.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

SpaceBooger

Post by SpaceBooger »

I have found no solution to the lines from the adapter. Ive just got used to the vertical lines and have noticed them only on 3d rendered screens.
2D images look just fine.

I have the same cable and I do not have a CRT to test it on both my TV and monitor are widescreen so I think that is the issue.
This is also my 2nd cable, I'm using the less expensive one from this store. The first one my son yanked on and all of the colors went wacky. This new one has vertical lines too and I have to wiggle every once in a while because everything blue disappears and the screen is covered in a yellow hue.

Again, I think it's a widescreen issue (even when I shrink the screen to 4:3 the lines are there) but like I said I really don't notice while playing and it's only present on 3D images.

I hate to be the bearer of disappointing news, but based on my experience it's a TV/monitor issue.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: Atari 2600 & 5200, NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis,
Sega CD, Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU, XBONE & Switch.
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »

Last edited by elmagicochrisg on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ack

Post by Ack »

elmagicochrisg wrote:
SpaceBooger wrote:I hate to be the bearer of disappointing news, but based on my experience it's a TV/monitor issue.
BS

I'm sorry chief, but I don't think you ought to be calling BS on someone when their argument is based on a personal experience.

Plus, it's a little rude.
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »

Last edited by elmagicochrisg on Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Well if you have one that's falling apart that you bought from me, just let me know and I'll do my best to get you one that is better.
eastside
24-bit

Post by eastside »

SpaceBooger wrote:I have the same cable and I do not have a CRT to test it on both my TV and monitor are widescreen so I think that is the issue.

My Dell monitor is not widescreen and it displays the same vertical lines as my Bravia.