Official Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announced!

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

Re: Official Neo Geo X Gold System details and price announc

Post by Thierry Henry »

Tommo to continue to sell Neo Geo X Gold through 2016, denies breach of contract.

Tommo, Inc., today responded to the press release that appeared on the SNK PLAYMORE USA Corp website last week. Tommo, Inc. denies that any breach of contract exists in their agreement with SNK PLAYMORE USA Corp and are continuing to support and market the popular NEOGEO X GOLD entertainment system, its accessories, and games. Due to the popularity of the system, Tommo and SNK extended the agreement earlier this year until 2016. Tommo fully expects this agreement to be honored by all parties. To date, Tommo has performed all of its obligations under its license agreement with SNK and is disappointed by SNK’s sudden and unjustified termination of the agreement. Tommo has demanded that SNK retract its press release and any attempts to terminate the license agreement.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/10/08/neogeo- ... withdrawl/
"There are three kinds of suns in Missouri: Sunshines, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
Purkeynator
64-bit

Post by Purkeynator »

Oooo looks like this could get ugly.
Menegrothx
Next-Gen

Post by Menegrothx »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:FINALLY.

It's official. The new games cards have been released:

http://neogeox.com/game-cards

Thoughts?

I still can't comprehend how there were even people gullible enough to buy this thing. Reading what kind of POS the actual thing is, I doubt many people will bother with these.
My WTB thread (Sega CD/Saturn games)
Also looking to buy: Ys III (TG-16 CD), Shadowrun (Genesis) Hori N64 mini pad and Slayer (3DO) in long box/just the long box
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Well I bought it at launch. :lol:

But yeah, once I saw how overpriced the game cards are I decided to stick to the built-in games.
xan_racketBOY_fan
Next-Gen

Post by xan_racketBOY_fan »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:Well I bought it at launch. :lol:

But yeah, once I saw how overpriced the game cards are I decided to stick to the built-in games.

Ditto. Though I went the route of purchasing one of those fancy card adapters - work like a charm.

Note: I very much love my Analogue CMVS and 161-in-1 cart<3
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Is there enough space in the stick to swapout parts? There is a shop local to me selling the system for $100, but if the stick is as crap as everyone is saying, Id like to put in real components - with arcade colors ofcourse. I realize there will be alot of dremel work
jay_red
Next-Gen

Post by jay_red »

fastbilly1 wrote:Is there enough space in the stick to swapout parts? There is a shop local to me selling the system for $100, but if the stick is as crap as everyone is saying, Id like to put in real components - with arcade colors ofcourse. I realize there will be alot of dremel work

You can put in 24mm sanwa/semistu buttons with a little work, the stick though, I feel, is a deal breaker. I had the x for a minute, and the joystick was what bothered me the most, I took it apart and kept trying to swap parts (springs, shafts switches, etc...) and could never get it to feel right.
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

jay_red wrote:the stick though, I feel, is a deal breaker. I had the x for a minute, and the joystick was what bothered me the most, I took it apart and kept trying to swap parts (springs, shafts switches, etc...) and could never get it to feel right.

That's a shame. The USB Neo Geo joystick was the one part of this whole setup that interested me. I was planning on buying one just for emulation (and to add to my joystick collection).
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

jay_red wrote:You can put in 24mm sanwa/semistu buttons with a little work, the stick though, I feel, is a deal breaker. I had the x for a minute, and the joystick was what bothered me the most, I took it apart and kept trying to swap parts (springs, shafts switches, etc...) and could never get it to feel right.

With how generic the internals of the system are, is it possible to use a different USB stick with it altogether? All I keep seeing is people wanting to use it on other devices too, and parroting the marketing material.

I mean, I have one, I could just try it, but I wasn't sure if anyone else already had.
jay_red
Next-Gen

Post by jay_red »

isiolia wrote:
jay_red wrote:You can put in 24mm sanwa/semistu buttons with a little work, the stick though, I feel, is a deal breaker. I had the x for a minute, and the joystick was what bothered me the most, I took it apart and kept trying to swap parts (springs, shafts switches, etc...) and could never get it to feel right.

With how generic the internals of the system are, is it possible to use a different USB stick with it altogether? All I keep seeing is people wanting to use it on other devices too, and parroting the marketing material.

I mean, I have one, I could just try it, but I wasn't sure if anyone else already had.

From what I heard, other usb controllers did not work, I tried my HRAP v3 and it did not register.
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248