Re: Random Gaming Thoughts

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

So who's gonna play the new Pong RPG???
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

The bigger question...

There is a new port of F-117A Stealth Fighter, a NES flight simulator, for the Switch. Why?! WHY?! WHO WANTED THIS?!
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

UFO Interactive must have the rights to some random old games and they're just dumping emulated versions on Switch. They also released the Switch versions of Monkey King and Chameleon.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:So who's gonna play the new Pong RPG???

Atari is still around? Sad since there was a time it was so popular we used to call videogames "Atari".
I dropped on their website and they seem to have a new console coming out for... $380! There are about 11,000 supporters for them on Indiegogo with average backup of about $270. What am I missing?
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

Remember when Valve tried to make Steam Machines a thing? It is basically that with an Atari 2600-like shell. The development has also been riddled with problems. They refused to pay the guy that they hired to engineer it so he stopped working on it. It is not quite Coleco Chameleon levels of shady but it is pretty close.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

RCBH928 wrote:

Atari is still around? Sad since there was a time it was so popular we used to call videogames "Atari"

Apparently, the Pong RPG is aggressively OK. I don’t plan on picking it up unless there’s a steep discount. There is, however, a new Missile Command, and it’s only $3...
pook99
128-bit

Post by pook99 »

pong RPG seems like an april fools joke that EGM would do back in the day. It looks kind of fun, I may look into it one day.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
RCBH928 wrote:

Atari is still around? Sad since there was a time it was so popular we used to call videogames "Atari"

Apparently, the Pong RPG is aggressively OK. I don’t plan on picking it up unless there’s a steep discount. There is, however, a new Missile Command, and it’s only $3...

Yeah I'll bet the new Missile Command is at least somewhat good. As long as it emulates the original's core gameplay well enough.

Now, the fact that there's a new Ninja Golf is downright frightening. I think they're trying to capitalize on the kitschy reboot trend, but Ninja Golf doesn't have the same brand recognition as Shaq Fu or Bubsy.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

Diablo II Lord of Destruction is the most expensive expansion ever, its $11 compared to $22 for the complete standard Diablo III
pook99
128-bit

Post by pook99 »

Finding an original xbox is annoyingly difficult. I recently dug out my OG xbox games (I had around 90) and have been focused on completing my xbox collection (not going for a full set, just some random odds and ends) but my xbox broke years ago, I have visited 3 local game stores and they both had every console except the xbox. I'm sure I will find one soon enough, especially as more and more stores open, but I am surprised I havent found one yet.