14%
Fan Translations
17%
Beat-'Em-Ups
26%

Total votes: 65

samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Re: Together Retro - June

Post by samsonlonghair »

These are all fantastic options, Sarge! Well done, sir!
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Xeogred wrote:I rarely see anyone here ever talk about Seiken Densetsu 3 and I'm not sure why... it is one of the greatest games ever made and straight up the best classic ARPG in my book..

I don't talk more about Seiken Densetsu 3 because-- I have no idea. I like it quite a bit, but by the time I got to the end of the game, I was not nearly as happy with it as I was at the beginning. It was a lot of fun overall, but by the end I was well past satiated, and going on irritated. It looks great, sounds great, and I enjoyed the characters and story, but as much as I know you love the battle system, I still found it to be a little sloppy. It's a bit slow, and a tad clunky at times. Still way better than Seiken Densetsu 2, but, by the end of the game, I was really feeling the limitations of SD3's combat. Ultimately I just prefer Terranigma, Soul Blazer, Light Crusader--and a bunch of others--or actually even Legend of Mana (which is probably my favorite in the series).
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

ARPGs and pre-Halo FPS for me!
nullPointer
128-bit

Post by nullPointer »

Fantastic choices this month Sarge! Hard to go wrong with any of these! I went with one 'comfortable' choice (pre-Halo FPS - I've been in the mood to continue on through the early Half-Life expansions with HL: Opposing Force), and one choice outside of my comfort zone (Beat 'Em Ups - it's a sorely neglected genre for me). I'm sure looking forward to June regardless of theme!
laurenhiya21
Next-Gen

Post by laurenhiya21 »

Voted for fan translations and action RPGs, but I could easily do most of these. Beat em ups is probably the only one that could be a little tricky for me, as it's not really a genre that I enjoy that much.

Even if it gets picked though I'll try my best to find something fun to play :)
marurun

Post by marurun »

Too many people with too much time for RPGs. *sigh*
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Ya know what, I actually changed one of my votes. From ARPGs to beat 'em ups.

ARPGs are my favorite type of game ever. Seems like a logical choice bbbuuuuuttt it also means that I've already played a million, and I'm going to play a bunch more in the future regardless of these TR themes and whatnot. I'd rather have something a little different. Plus, there are a bunch of classic beat 'em ups now on the Switch.
marurun

Post by marurun »

I want to say that, regardless of my own time limits and genre predilections, that Sarge picked some excellent categories, and the voting numbers really reflect that.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

marurun wrote:I want to say that, regardless of my own time limits and genre predilections, that Sarge picked some excellent categories, and the voting numbers really reflect that.

I'm really surprised how tight things have been. Really, I think the only category that would take the most time would be ARPGs, but there are short ones there. The rest should have plenty of options for shorter experiences.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

marurun wrote:Sarge picked some excellent categories, and the voting numbers really reflect that.

I do worry about having such generalized categories though. This month was "first person dungeon crawlers", and next month might be "action RPGs" for example. If we keep using entire genres for a TR choice, eventually we'll be repeating ourselves soon enough. I'm not complaining about Sarge's choices though, these are good genres, and I'm totally cool with beat 'em ups should that win.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.