PlayStation VR Thread

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
8bit
Next-Gen

Re: PlayStation VR Thread

Post by 8bit »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:I thought Driveclub was good and didn't have any problems with nausea or dizziness, but I can definitely see how, if any game gave people issues, it would be that one.

Did you play the demo or the full game? Some reviews say the demo was fine for them but then in the full game they were getting sick playing it. I was feeling it already in just the demo so I am thinking about returning the full version I purchased in favor of RIGS.
"The librarian does not rue the library, nor the curator fear the exhibits. Rather they revel in their potential. And that is the beauty of a big backlog; pure potential." - Exhuminator

My Game Room | My BST Thread |
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

8bit wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:I thought Driveclub was good and didn't have any problems with nausea or dizziness, but I can definitely see how, if any game gave people issues, it would be that one.

Did you play the demo or the full game? Some reviews say the demo was fine for them but then in the full game they were getting sick playing it. I was feeling it already in just the demo so I am thinking about returning the full version I purchased in favor of RIGS.

I played the full game. I never actually played the demo (though I have the demo disc). With that said, though, I'm going to encourage you to return it for RIGS because that game is stupid fun. It's shallow and will likely get boring after a while, but it's the kind of mindless carnage that will offer ridiculous amounts of fun in short bursts or at parties if you're passing around the headset from match to match.
Patron Saint of Bitch Mode
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

So Megadimension Neptunia VII is getting a VR version.

If you close your eyes, stay still, and listen, you can hear Elkinfencer's head exploding.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Racketboy forum: "Anybody seen Elkin lately? Dude's been missing for like two weeks."

Meanwhile:
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Eh, if he had a Vive/Rift, Neptunia characters have been in Waifu Sex Simulator since ever. :lol:
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

isiolia wrote:So Megadimension Neptunia VII is getting a VR version.

If you close your eyes, stay still, and listen, you can hear Elkinfencer's head exploding.

If you listen carefully, you'll hear that the wet, smacking sounds mean that it isn't my head that's exploding. :wink:
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

So having seen some glowing reviews this morning, I went ahead and ordered Skyrim VR (and Doom VFR) to give them each a run through by the time the year is out. I am optimistic that they may approach the greatness that was RE7, or even surpass it in some ways.

I don't think it will bother me that Skyrim won't look as good as it would maxed out on my PC, as that will easily be compensated for just by being IN that giant open world.

Anyone else planning to play one or both of these?

I've also been playing Polybius, which is mind-meltingly awesome and has unseated Tempest 2K w/rotary as my favorite Jeff Minter game/experience.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

dsheinem wrote:So having seen some glowing reviews this morning, I went ahead and ordered Skyrim VR (and Doom VFR) to give them each a run through by the time the year is out. I am optimistic that they may approach the greatness that was RE7, or even surpass it in some ways.

I don't think it will bother me that Skyrim won't look as good as it would maxed out on my PC, as that will easily be compensated for just by being IN that giant open world.

Anyone else planning to play one or both of these?

I've also been playing Polybius, which is mind-meltingly awesome and has unseated Tempest 2K w/rotary as my favorite Jeff Minter game/experience.

You will NOT be disappointed in Skyrim VR. I spent most of last night and this morning playing that. I have Doom VFR pre-ordered as well. Skyrim's graphics look like what I imagine Skyrim on Wii would have looked like, but the VR is so damn immersive that you don't even care. It also doesn't make me feel sick like Resident Evil VII and Robinson: The Journey did even when I use smooth look and controller walking instead of incremental looking and "jump" walking with PS Move. It's a fucking masterpiece as far as Playstation VR proof of concept goes.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Having spent a few more hours with Skyrim VR this afternoon, I did notice one rather irksome bug - my screen centering calibration whatever keeps drifting to the right, and Skyrim doesn't support the "hold Options to recenter" thing. I'll be going along, exploring a cave, and when I get back to a town to talk to someone, I notice that the menus have shifted 90 degrees to the right, so I have turn my head about as far right as my neck will let me to see the text. If I turn the headset/processor unit off and back on, it fixes it, but ten minutes later, it's right back there again. Hopefully Bethesda will fix that quickly.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Having spent a few more hours with Skyrim VR this afternoon, I did notice one rather irksome bug - my screen centering calibration whatever keeps drifting to the right, and Skyrim doesn't support the "hold Options to recenter" thing. I'll be going along, exploring a cave, and when I get back to a town to talk to someone, I notice that the menus have shifted 90 degrees to the right, so I have turn my head about as far right as my neck will let me to see the text. If I turn the headset/processor unit off and back on, it fixes it, but ten minutes later, it's right back there again. Hopefully Bethesda will fix that quickly.

I remember another game with that issue...I found you can reset your head position fairly easily through the PS button menu without turning off/on the headset though, if you want to try that instead...

Mine should arrive Monday, so I hope to share thoughts soon.

Does Skyrim on PSVR have all the original game’s DLC content? I never did play any of that...

Any chance that you can import a save or cross-save to/from any other platform? I remember migrating my 360 save to PC years ago...