Star Citizen: Is it Worth it?

Windows, Mac, DOS, and all those-other personal computing platforms
Fragems
Next-Gen

Re: Star Citizen: Is it Worth it?

Post by Fragems »

I'm just curious what the "insurance" costs since the packages only give you 3 months. Is it purchasable with in game currency at a reasonable rate and does it basically give you full coverage? Also what happens if your ship is destroyed without insurance are you stranded?
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

The prepurchased ships are yours in the main game. If you bought them pre 2013 you had lifetime insurance. Insurance costs are super cheap in game and can be more expensive depending on where you purchase it i.e. in more dangerous areas. No insurance on your ship and it gets destroyed, you lose the ship. No ship? You can do jobs for a company and they lend you a ship to use.

There will be different insurance packages to cover different things like cargo, but will always cover ship destruction.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

That's OK they did that with wing commander 6 special ops as it was a six piece download years ago.
Avilio

Post by Avilio »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:See, I am in no way interested in Elite. I want a hardcore space sim with heavy simulation elements. I have never been big on being a space trader, but nothing excites me more than the idea of being in a crew to a privateer, manning turrets, loading freight... there is just something immersive about the ideas presented.
Just as Gunstar mentioned it's still in alpha stage, but aside from that I totally get where your coming from. I normally would not have picked up a title like this until my friend bragged me to try it on a weekend in which they were allowing newcomers to try it at no cost. After playing for the weekend I decided to support it with the cheapest game package that had a ship for $45. Although I ran into some glitches that ended up being extremely funny it's not bad, but it's sure as heck no where near finished. If you really want to see how it played out I made short video clips on YouTube (channel name Cruiser Parla). Despite not complete, I could totally see this being extremely fun with a lot of friends and what not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk