Top 3 (Official) Dreamcast Games

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Re: Top 3 (Official) Dreamcast Games

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Anybody play KISS: Pyscho Circus? It was a shit game, but you can't look at the cover that and tell me that you're not in for a good time provided that you've consumed a bit of alcohol beforehand.
Patron Saint of Bitch Mode
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Anybody play KISS: Pyscho Circus? It was a shit game, but you can't look at the cover that and tell me that you're not in for a good time provided that you've consumed a bit of alcohol beforehand.

Haha for some bizarre reason, I remember playing the heck out of the demo when it came out and thinking "god this is shit, but I love it".
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Reprise wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:Anybody play KISS: Pyscho Circus? It was a shit game, but you can't look at the cover that and tell me that you're not in for a good time provided that you've consumed a bit of alcohol beforehand.

Haha for some bizarre reason, I remember playing the heck out of the demo when it came out and thinking "god this is shit, but I love it".

Right??? That's how I feel about that game and Devil's Third.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

1. Skies of arcadia
2. Zero gunner 2
3. Grandia 2/nfl 2k1

Out of all, I've sunk more hours into nfl 2k1. played the shit out of it back in the day and preferred it to madden. I'd like to get into shenmue, bought it when it first came out and just sits, but didn't have the time then or now to just wonder around a game for hours.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

stickem wrote:1. Skies of arcadia
2. Zero gunner 2
3. Grandia 2/nfl 2k1

Out of all, I've sunk more hours into nfl 2k1. played the shit out of it back in the day and preferred it to madden. I'd like to get into shenmue, bought it when it first came out and just sits, but didn't have the time then or now to just wonder around a game for hours.

Shenmue is a MAJOR time commitment, and its (sometimes agonizingly) slow pace not for everyone. I LOVED it, but I understand why many hate it.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
2. Zero gunner 2
3. Grandia 2/nfl 2k1

Shenmue is a MAJOR time commitment, and its (sometimes agonizingly) slow pace not for everyone. I LOVED it, but I understand why many hate it.

Here's the thing. Skies is a 60+ hr game. I could play it for a couple hours at a time and felt I got somewhere. Be it leveling up or advancing the story, finding hidden areas ect. There was progress. In shenmue I payed like 5 hours and got nowhere. That was prolly not enough time to sink into this game to form an opinion, but it was what it was. Maybe sometime in the future I'll give it another go.
pteague87
8-bit

Post by pteague87 »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
2. Zero gunner 2
3. Grandia 2/nfl 2k1

That's kinda how I feel about it as well. I can play PSO (Offline) for an hour or two and be happy. Everyone has hyped the sh*t out of Shenmue, and I'm not saying it doesn't deserve the hype. But as for my personal taste, every time I've tryed to get into it it turn into me playing it for an hour, wishing the cutscenes were shorter, and then being bored. (here comes the backlash) Yet again *JUST MY PREFERENCE* lol. But I just cant get into it so it sits on my shelf looking pretty.
September 9th, 1999. A day that will live in infamy.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

In terms of playtime:
Power Stone 2
Phantasy Star Online
Propeller Arena

Honorable:
Soul Caliber
Outtrigger
Marvel Vs Capcom - Crossfever mode.

I played a disgusting amount of Propeller Arena, so much so that it is my Avatar on most forums.
avrame
128-bit

Post by avrame »

1) Skies of Arcadia
2) Shenmue (if including UK, Shenmue 2)
3) Project Justice
If you aren't having a good time, why are you playing?
pteague87
8-bit

Post by pteague87 »

Skies of Arcadia has popped up several times so far. It was pretty amazing for the Dreamcast era. If I had to do a top ten list it would have definitely made it. I'm a fan of RPG's, and that was a great one.
September 9th, 1999. A day that will live in infamy.