Pokémon Go

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Re: Pokémon Go

Post by ExedExes »

It appears that my Pinsir returned to the stable less the awesome Red Team badge and with 1 HP. I'm guessing we were soundly defeated at the flagpole. I'll have to return there tomorrow. I'm also hoping to check out the other red gym(s) (if we still have control) at the parks I was at this weekend. I'm still waiting on a Jolteon to go beside my awesome Flareon. 4 more 5km eggs are ready to go too.

As soon as you take a gym, your Defender bonus will be active (unsure if that means multiple gyms at the same time or not), so go to the Shop to claim your bonus like I did, if you don't do it by the time you lose it, you'll lose the bonus too! It's 21 hours for reload of that bonus, not 20 as I stated earlier.

I really hope people will in fact play this game more responsibly. It's awesome.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Baltimore is infested with freaking Zubat. I managed to catch 2 or 3 dozen unique pokemon in Baltimore while at BronyCon (I almost didn't catch a Ponyta, which I thought would have been a damn shame for humor, but I found one right as I was getting on the Interstate to leave the city). My favorite find, however, was definitely the Dragonair I caught while walking along the inner harbor with some friends after the convention ended Sunday evening.
Patron Saint of Bitch Mode
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Zubat

I caught one this morning while I was walking to the office! My children are thrilled with this app, and we are going Pokémon hunting (i.e., walking to the park) after I get home from work today!
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

I am glad people are enjoying the game. It has a little something for everyone, be it the collector, the lone trainer, the group coordinator or just a social butterfly. I am starting to see those silly personalities that we find in the single player games manifest themselves in real people. I see the hardcore trainers, the bug freaks and the really creepy trainers.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:I am glad people are enjoying the game. It has a little something for everyone, be it the collector, the lone trainer, the group coordinator or just a social butterfly. I am starting to see those silly personalities that we find in the single player games manifest themselves in real people. I see the hardcore trainers, the bug freaks and the really creepy trainers.

Haha, I know, right? That was one of my favorite parts of BronyCon this past weekend - I'd see people getting seriously miffed about losing a gym battle while other people would notice that I was playing and walk up to tell me where they either placed a PokeLure or saw that one was placed. Likewise, I had a bunch of people tell me when a rare (relatively, anyway) Pokemon popped up in the Hilton or in the vendor hall and clue me into the fact that there are Dratini and Dragonair at the inner harbor (which I wouldn't not have guessed).
Patron Saint of Bitch Mode
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

When I went to the store yesterday I saw quite a few people walking around with their phones out, wandering and looking around them with a look that just screamed, "I...I think it's over there." Sadly, the app wasn't working for me at the time, so I don't know what pokemon they were looking for. But whatever it was, I hope they caught it.

This morning I conducted an experiment. Left the phone opened to the app, set the phone in the cup holder, and then drove to work, hoping that I might get some steps counted towards my incubating egg. To my surprise, it worked :o It's not nearly enough to hatch the egg, since I suspect that if you go too fast it negates your "steps", but it did add about .3km to the total count, so that's something.

Also noticed something else. So you know how you can be standing still and your avatar will suddenly dart across the street or something, before meandering back? I've noticed that if I leave the phone on (plugged in) and sitting at my desk here at work, that it also counts the 'steps' your little avatar takes due to the cruddy GPS tracking towards the egg hatching count.

Again, it's not a lot, but if you find yourself needing a few extra steps in order to hatch the egg and can't go out for a stroll due to work or something, than it's a possible option.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Yeah the incubation tracks any movement under 20 mph.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Yeah the incubation tracks any movement under 20 mph.

That's too bad. I guess I can't go jogging with it then. :lol:
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Based on all the reports I've been hearing, Pokemon Go will probably be involved in this year's Darwin Award.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Today's report:

I was able to do a lot of ground stomping today! Team Valor is well-represented here in my area! Right now it's the classic Red vs Blue confrontation.

This morning, I took back the flagpole gym (my first Gym victory!), but I was trying the weaker Pokemon to represent strategy from earlier in this thread (using my Ekans) and was working on increasing prestige, and then I saw someone else pull up near me in the parking lot, smartphone in hand, assuming he was Mystic (he was) and I just booked it. Obviously my weak sub-100 CP Ekans was soundly defeated.

Later on, looking for gyms and stops, I hit as many churches as I could. I stopped at a Valor gym at a local florist and added my Pidgeot for the cause. Then I went back to a park I was at over the weekend, when the most beautiful thing(s) happened.

- There are 2 gyms at this park, one controlled by Valor, and one by Mystic. (By this time, the florist gym fell into enemy hands). I went to take on the Mystic gym (with 4 Pokémon defending). Using my newfound ability, started with my Flareon taking on the Grass-type Tangela, no problem. Took on the second one, and I saw ANOTHER Pokémon behind the one I was fighting. Then my app screwed up, saying I won, even though I didn't take on all 4! I found out a couple of minutes later that I had fellow Valor teammates in the same area, we can all fight together, at the same time! The guy I spoke to was happy to see me and we quickly added our Pokémon to the newly captured gym. There was also a Lure Module in use at the playground stop.

- I went back to the flagpole Gym later in the day (having found out we lost the park gym about an hour after we gained it), and it was a Level 3 Mystic gym with 3 Pokémon. It took me 3 battles to drain the Prestige out of it, but I was victorious. I then stationed my CP 297 Exeggcute with a Psychic AND Rock attack (for Flying), and I was able to get my second 21 hour defender bonus!

- Later, with the flagpole gym still under my control (surprisingly long considering how quickly it changes hands), I was driving to finish my 4 eggs @ 5km and saw my first Instinct (yellow) Gym, but it had 5 or 6 good Pokemon. No way would I be able to do that. I also passed a Mystic Gym with a Lapras and a Snorlax!

- When I got home after that, about an hour ago, I walk in the door and my Exeggcute fell at the flagpole, no doubt to Mystic again. (I will re-visit it tomorrow!). All my eggs hatched, I got another Bellsprout, Krabby, and Psyduck, but I got a new Sandshrew, one of my favorite-est Pokémon, a true Ground type, effective for Water and Electric types!

So the breakdown:

Catched:

Abra (REDEMPTION from Sunday!)
Gastly
Staryu

Hatched:

Sandshrew

Evolved:

Metapod

I'm nearly at 50 Pokémon and now at level 11. I now have Super Potions that heal 50HP. My Pinsir is still my strongest at over 600CP. X-Scissor is an AWESOME attack.

Finally some pics:

This didn't last for long

I saw this Valor Gym in passing, wouldn't you want one this high?
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.