Together RPG - Anachronox - 10/01-12/01

Level up here
MrPopo

Re: Together RPG - Anachronox - 10/01-12/01

Post by MrPopo »

Finished! Thoughts in the games beaten thread.

viewtopic.php?p=1005509#p1005509
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Nice! I just reached Democratus myself and am currently working to get my votes correct. 3/8 at the moment.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Another update!

I have cleared the Hive and am now on Sender Station, having just grabbed a watchamacallit and a thingamabob to do SCIENCE with. More importantly, I've now got the greatest idea for an RPG character ever(we'll call it Big D) as well as Stiletto. Only one character is now outstanding. I am missing two red bipridi and have over half of the TACOs. My characters are all in the low-20s level wise, and everyone is paired off with their corresponding MysTech element. I'm running around right now doing sidequests but will likely be jumping ship to the planet Hephaestus soon.

So far, I am having a blast! Turns out I really like Anachronox.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Yes, Big D is awesome. I ended up keeping him in my main party from that point on. Same with Stilleto. A friendly warning: Hephaestus requires you to take Grumpos with you; if you don't have him when you get all the way to the planet selection screen you have to run all the way back to the bar to pick him up. I think that's the thing that annoyed me most about Anachronox; there wasn't enough shortcuts for doing the various sidequests that involved backtracking. I feel like I missed a bunch of sidequests or other goodies as a result.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Yeah, I figured I would need him for Hephaestus. I think I will take him and Big D along for that. I prefer keeping ranged characters in my party for combat purposes, but since his ability is probably going to be required, I don't see much reason not to. I used Big D for getting into the red light district, and his tractor ability really helped with a few items I found along the way.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Yeah, I found melee characters ended up being more of a hindrance in that game; they don't really balance it so they have advantages to make up for the melee requirement (aside from the one character you haven't gotten yet). Stiletto and Bowman have both ranged and melee weapons, so they drift in and out of usefulness.
Ack

Post by Ack »

I spent some time playing other games but decided to jump back into Anachronox to clear up some side stuff. Thanks to my wandering, Dr. Bowman and PAL now have the master levels of their special abilities, and I now have a sidequest to photograph PAX officers in Onegate. I may do a bit more wandering before I go to Hephaestus.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Nice! I ended up just railroading down the main quest once I was out of Anachronox because it was far too easy to miss out on side quests unless you talked to everyone multiple times everywhere.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Yeah, I should probably start doing that. This process of wandering around to do side stuff is nice for building up my characters, but I also feel like I'm meandering too much and want to get back to the story.
Ack

Post by Ack »

I've made it through Hephaestus and now have to visit some kind of deathworld named Limbus. I have to take the big D, but I'm not sure who else to bring. Everybody else is melee at the moment.

Also, I managed to get all of the Red Bipridi! Whoo! I believe I only have three TACOs left to grab too.