Game vs Game, It's back! -- Now Playing: Episode 1 Racer

Show your reviewing skills by collaborating with other forums members to review games of all ages.
GryeDor
64-bit

Re: Game vs Game and more coming soon!

Post by GryeDor »

beatnix wrote:I'm a little further south in Lima.

I think the south location is where I've been because it was right there off the exit.

oh cool, one of my former coworkers was arrested in Lima :) I don't think they moved far, less than a mile for sure but I can't remember exactly where their other store was...
beatnix
64-bit

Post by beatnix »

Unfortunately a lot of people seem to get arrested here in lima... But that's no different than any where I suppose.

My quick google search... The game source+ store is on Main Street. That's definitely the place I have been to. I'll have to get up there sometime soon and check it out. I'm a teacher and summer isn't too far away. I'll get a lot more time for traveling soon
GryeDor
64-bit

Post by GryeDor »

ahh gotcha, yeah that just opened up maybe 2 years ago, although there's been other local stores come and gone over the years like RePlay. Game Source is great and the owner is really nice, great place to make an effort to get to!
beatnix
64-bit

Post by beatnix »

I'll have to check my copy of lighting force (I keep receipts in boxed games when I buy from local owned shops) I bet I was there close somewhere close to the opening of the store.

But back on topic... I'm looking forward to the zombies review. I had a copy for both but sold off my loose SNES copy in favor of my CIB Genesis. I'm curious to see how the two stack up and if I made the right choice.
pvt_awol
64-bit

Post by pvt_awol »

Dude, very nicely done videos.

I'm excited to see your next one. I wanted to talk to you a little bit about an idea I have, if you're willing to hear me out? It's in regards to a "partnership" of sorts. I've been putting together a VERY similar video series as you, and you beat me to the punch. LOL. Again though, very nice job.

I've been buying PS2/XBOX/GCN games like crazy lately, that are the same, and have started to put together basically the same show as you. Now, I don't want to steal your thunder here, and since you did it before me, I feel that I shouldn't try and do the same thing. I was wondering if you'd be interested in a partnership? I could handle the stuff that I've already put together, and send it your way. You can maybe use it to segment your shows? Or even if you're having a hard time coming out with shows every month or so, you could use my stuff? LOL. Just a thought I had. And I mean our video ideas are so similar, I think that folks would really enjoy it. Again, I didn't want to step on your toes and have the same videos as you. If you're against this idea, then no harm no foul my man. You're doing a great job, and I'll back off and attempt a different idea. Let's talk about it? What do you say?
GryeDor
64-bit

Post by GryeDor »

pvt_awol, my short answer is you should definitely do your videos! my long answer is let's talk over PM :D
GryeDor
64-bit

Post by GryeDor »

Pleased to say I've made a lot of progress, May and Junes episodes of GvG are written, as well as 6 episodes of History Bytes! I've got a whole evening of recording game footage tonight for all 4 games of GvG and tomorrow I'll shoot and record everything which leaves two weeks to May to edit! I'm genuinely excited for everything that's coming, hope you guys will enjoy!

So far the schedule looks like this:

Game vs Game
    May 2
Zombies Ate My Neighbors

History Bytes!
    May 1, 2006 (Cancelled)
    May 5, 1992
    May 11, 2004
    May 21, 1984
    May 28, 1993
    May 31, 1991
Last edited by GryeDor on Sun May 18, 2014 9:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
GryeDor
64-bit

Post by GryeDor »

New Episode up! Enjoy!

Game vs Game 04 - Zombies Ate My Neighbors

History Bytes! will be coming, though I scrapped the first episodes because it was boring and stupid and awful and boring. So, it'll start up May 5th as previously scheduled!
GryeDor
64-bit

Re: Game vs Game (NEW EP! ZAMN!) - History Bytes! starts NOW

Post by GryeDor »

First episode of History Bytes! is up: Image

Let me know what you think of this as a secondary/smaller show between the Game vs Game episodes
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Re: Game vs Game (NEW EP! ZAMN!) - History Bytes! starts NOW

Post by Gunstar Green »

ZAMN: It's nice to see someone on my side about the status bar for once. I really prefer it to the Neighbor Radar on the SNES version. Lack of transparencies are one reason for the status bar but another is the differences in resolution between the consoles like with Earthworm Jim.

The music is unfortunately the result of a hasty translation using GEMS, the godawful sound driver that Sega forced onto Western developers and the primary reason many people think all Genesis music sucks. It was occasionally used to good effect in games like Aladdin, but more often than not the results were lousy.

Japanese Genesis games often sound so much better because their custom built sound drivers were much more advanced than what Western developers had to work with. The SNES on the other hand was sample based to begin with so you had more uniform quality. There are some stand-out Western titles that didn't use GEMS like Jesper Kyd's work on Sub-Terrania and Adventures of Batman and Robin.

Wolf 3D: Still one of my favorite DOS era games today. I remember getting my hands on the special edition complete with hint book as a kid. It was a great hint book too with behind the scenes information and insight into PC game development of the time.

I must have poured through every secret nook and cranny, and there were a lot of them. I'll never forget taking down Hitler the first time. Even though there were three more episodes to go I felt like video games had nowhere to go from there. I mean I just killed freaking Hitler. In a robot suit. That was awesome.