Next-Gen

Re: The end of NCAA games?

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Yep it is done for now.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Yay!! Class action litigation! The lawyers will make so much money!!! (Sorry, former players...you only get "something substantive".)
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

Sad day.

I always preferred NCAA over Madden. The mascots, the marching bands, being able to take ECU to the BCS title game...

Couldn't EA have covered their collective butt with the ol' "This is a work of fiction, and any representations of actual people is purely coincidental"?
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Luke wrote:Couldn't EA have covered their collective butt with the ol' "This is a work of fiction, and any representations of actual people is purely coincidental"?

They could have tried that...but I don't think that the likenesses resulting from EA's painstaking efforts to make every player in each game match his real-life counterpart would be accepted as "purely conicidental".
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:
Luke wrote:Couldn't EA have covered their collective butt with the ol' "This is a work of fiction, and any representations of actual people is purely coincidental"?

They could have tried that...but I don't think that the likenesses resulting from EA's painstaking efforts to make every player in each game match his real-life counterpart would be accepted as "purely conicidental".

They do in Madden but not in NCAA. Most of the time they get the numbers and positions correct. Height, weight, skin tone are all varying degrees of accuracy. Facial features and equipment not even close.

There is a painstaking roster editing endeavor done eaxh year by the community and they overhaul a ton of stuff.
meat
64-bit

Post by meat »

Luke wrote:Sad day.

I always preferred NCAA over Madden. The mascots, the marching bands, being able to take ECU to the BCS title game...

Couldn't EA have covered their collective butt with the ol' "This is a work of fiction, and any representations of actual people is purely coincidental"?

:lol: :roll: :mrgreen: :D Thought i was the only one leading ECU to the title game.
youtube@gamingtrucker1
twitter@gamingtrucker1
twitch@gamingtrucker1