Neo Geo MVS restoration.

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
jay_red
Next-Gen

Re: Neo Geo MVS restoration.

Post by jay_red »

Got the cab in the house today! Played it smart, and borrowed a dolly, and had a helping hand :lol: Went much smoother than last time. All that is left is to order the t molding, and the vinyl side stickers. After that I plan on getting some more games! I am stoked to have it in the house, this project has consumed my free time for the past few weeks, but to finally see it done and ready to go makes it worth it.

Sitting next to my first arcade project, a converted Nintendo cab to a MAME setup.
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
fvgazi
Next-Gen

Post by fvgazi »

NIIIIICE!!!!

The "finished" project looks amazing. I can't wait to see it with the decals for the side. Now you will never leave that room again.
[ XBL: downedcity | PSN: biggry | Steam: Merchandise ]
Black Lodge Amplification: http://blacklodgeamps.tumblr.com/
jay_red
Next-Gen

Post by jay_red »

Thanks to mjmjr25, the cab now has its iconic decals! He hooked me up with a great deal, and I put them on the cab as soon as I could. I had a friend help, and they came out great! Its amazing how much they add to the cab!

MY t-molding came in yesterday, but to my dismay, it was the wrong size! They messed up and sent me 1/2 inch. They are sending me the correct size, and told me to keep the wrong one, what will I do with 40 ft of 1/2" t molding?

Neo Geo purists might want to not read this next part, but I ended up getting the 161 in 1 cart, and am loving it so far. I have not found any issues so far (other than the 46 different versions of King of Fighters) and my Wife has 10 times more time on the cab than me playing Magical Drop, shes playing it behind me right now!

One last thing, my MAME cab was not looking so hot next to the sexy Neo Geo, so it is back in the garage getting an overhaul. I have installed a 24" CRT to replace the crappy 20" that was in there, and actually mounted it like a real arcade monitor, instead of just setting a TV in the cab. We have decided to make it a "Fix it Felix Jr." replica from Wreck it Ralph. I will probably make something new to show off that in the future. As for the Neo geo, once I get the right t molding, it will be officially done!
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248