Podcast Questions for You, Podcast Questions for Us!

Podcast announcements, feedback, and discussion
MarauderEX
8-bit

Re: Podcast Mailbag

Post by MarauderEX »

Do you feel that games should be a medium for a created narrative, like most role playing games where you experience a story like a movie from the main characters perspective. Or that they should be used to create a narrative unique to the player much like the open ended worlds of skyrim and the newer fallouts?
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

we record tonight, so last chance to get questions in!
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Q. There's obviously been a lot of uproar surrounding Mass Effect 3 and its ending which has disappointed a group of gamers enough to petition that the ending be changed. With that in mind, what are your thoughts on a developer's responsibility to compromise their vision post-release to appease consumers vs. standing by their initial artistic intentions?
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

noiseredux wrote:Q. There's obviously been a lot of uproar surrounding Mass Effect 3 and its ending which has disappointed a group of gamers enough to petition that the ending be changed. With that in mind, what are your thoughts on a developer's responsibility to compromise their vision post-release to appease consumers vs. standing by their initial artistic intentions?

And I am sure you will, but please keep this spoiler free, if possible or spoiler warn at the very least, I've not got a chance to start this game yet. I haven't beat ME2 yet, but asking to spoiler tag that seems a little unreasonable.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Stark wrote:
noiseredux wrote:Q. There's obviously been a lot of uproar surrounding Mass Effect 3 and its ending which has disappointed a group of gamers enough to petition that the ending be changed. With that in mind, what are your thoughts on a developer's responsibility to compromise their vision post-release to appease consumers vs. standing by their initial artistic intentions?

And I am sure you will, but please keep this spoiler free, if possible or spoiler warn at the very least, I've not got a chance to start this game yet. I haven't beat ME2 yet, but asking to spoiler tag that seems a little unreasonable.

We'll try to be spoiler free as always, though you should know that the end of the universe involves lots of ice cream and a neon blue substance called "floosh".
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

dsheinem wrote:We'll try to be spoiler free as always, though you should know that the end of the universe involves lots of ice cream and a neon blue substance called "floosh".

Well if they carbonate it and bottle it, I would probably buy it. :D
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Mechblue
128-bit

Post by Mechblue »

Q. What is in your opinion your best game/system find / buy. Not necessarily the best value wise but what you feel was the best deal. Maybe you found a game you'd been searching for a long time or the hunt made it a satisfying deal.

Q. What system do you kind of regret collecting. You thought it was interesting at the time but as time went on you just felt like why did I get in to this?
TEKTORO wrote:That looks mad fake bro. :/
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

We need some questions for the upcoming episode 34.
Blu
Next-Gen

Post by Blu »

Hi Guys,

Some background info:
SEGA's exit in the hardware business was attributed to a phenomenon called the Osborne effect. This is a result of announcing a product that replaces an existing one. In the video game business, if a company announces a new console, developers may halt their games in development and consumers may question purchasing. In a nutshell, Sega shot itself in the foot by announcing the Sega CD shortly after the Genesis, followed with the 32X, the Saturn, and the Dreamcast. Basically, Sega over-saturated its own market, all the while having to compete against Sony and Nintendo.

My question(s):

Is it possible we might see another instance of the Osborne effect with the announcement of the next generation of consoles? With Kinect and Playstation Move being additions to this generation of console, I'm curious if gamers are ready to make the investment. The next generation of hardware won't make the technical leap past generations did, so that appeal might not be a selling point. Are you ready to invest in the next Playstation, Xbox or Wii-U?
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

last chance for questions...we record tonight!