RAYFORCE / GALACTIC ATTACK / LAYER SECTION - Hi-Scores

2D Shooters Invade
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Re: RAYFORCE / GALACTIC ATTACK / LAYER SECTION - Hi-Scores

Post by wip3outguy7 »

ExedExes wrote:Is there something easier about the Saturn version or do I just suck (honestly)?

My TL2-PC settings are

Difficulty -- Normal
Lives -- 3
Extend -- 1 Million.

I am guessing the latter.

And what is TATE?

The default arcade difficulty is somewhere in between the Saturn's normal and hard difficulties.

See Austin's VIDEO for an excellent description of TATE.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

I believe the arcade extends are at 1mil/2mil, SAT are 500k/1mil.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Got in one more in. I was on an absolute roll then got lazy halfway into stage 4 and lost all of my lives there. Still, not a bad run. :?

1,127,200 - ryantheslaya - stage 4 - SAT-US

Last edited by RyaNtheSlayA on Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

Thanks for the TATE video. Cool idea if you can do it, for sure.

I can set the extends on TL2 to None, 1 Mil, 2 Mil, and 1 & 2 Mil.

With that, I know the key is power up and LOCK ON LOCK ON LOCK ON as many as you can. It has dramatically increased my score. Thank goodness the bosses are not as bad as the stages themselves!

Also was able to get a screen shot on TL 2!

707,974 -- ExedExes -- Stage 3 -- Taito Legends 2/PC

No 1 mil or Stage 5 Saturn-esque performance yet, but that's what RB is all about. Playing the games, and getting better at them. and I AM!
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

488,400 - mjmjr25 - stage 3 - SAT-US

Very little improvement - really struggling :/

@Exedexes...I see a digit on the end of your score, is there something giving you single points? Typically the last digit of a score is continues used?
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Post by s1mplehumar »

mjmjr25 wrote:488,400 - mjmjr25 - stage 3 - SAT-US

Very little improvement - really struggling :/

@Exedexes...I see a digit on the end of your score, is there something giving you single points? Typically the last digit of a score is continues used?

I keep getting in a 890k + rut : / That stupid mini boss in stage 3 is cheesing me off. It's not even difficult. I keep getting all twitchy with those long yellow beams it shoots.
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

I fired up the Saturn version this morning. I was curious to see my old scores. My top was 1,5xx,xxx (away from the system now) Stage 5 on the default settings in TATE. After a short warm up I was able to net 8xx,xxx (again, away from the system at the moment), ending in Stage 4 with the default settings in noTATE.

I was playing on an LS-32 back then. I think I might be able to take the Stage 5 boss for a 1cc through that stage now that I'm playing on an LS-40.

I had forgotten how goddamned slow the R-Gray is. It has a hitbox the size of a barn. Actually, it's a lot like piloting a very fragile big red barn through a hurricane.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

What stick are you using w/an LS-40? Astro City?

Mine has a JLF right now and I hate it for shmups, went back to my HRAP which is just a stock HORI stick, but same problem, very little control. I'm using a pad right now :/
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

mjmjr25 wrote:What stick are you using w/an LS-40? Astro City?

Mine has a JLF right now and I hate it for shmups, went back to my HRAP which is just a stock HORI stick, but same problem, very little control. I'm using a pad right now :/

Yeah, if your only options are JLF and pad, stick with the pad.

The JLF is trash for shmups unless you're using Kowal's (from Shoryuken.com) mod.

I am using an HRAP 2 SA to play just about anything that can be played on a stick. I have the original Sanwa buttons it came with and a Semitsu LS-40 stick installed.

The LS-40 has a pretty short throw, but it's still manageable for fighting games. My plan is to eventually build a dedicated platformer/shmup/run n' gun stick and put my LS-32 back in the HRAP 2 SA to make it a dedicated fighting stick.
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Post by s1mplehumar »

wip3outguy7 wrote:
mjmjr25 wrote:What stick are you using w/an LS-40? Astro City?

Yeah, if your only options are JLF and pad, stick with the pad.

The JLF is trash for shmups unless you're using Kowal's (from Shoryuken.com) mod.

I am using an HRAP 2 SA to play just about anything that can be played on a stick. I have the original Sanwa buttons it came with and a Semitsu LS-40 stick installed.

The LS-40 has a pretty short throw, but it's still manageable for fighting games. My plan is to eventually build a dedicated platformer/shmup/run n' gun stick and put my LS-32 back in the HRAP 2 SA to make it a dedicated fighting stick.

Thanks for the link, wipeout. I'm guessing he had those actuators machined. Very cool.
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525