Join in on our classic gaming club!
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Re: 2012 Together Retro Calendar

Post by dunpeal2064 »

)
noiseredux wrote:
dunpeal2064 wrote:@TEKTORO:

Do you have a ps3? Dodonpachi is on the jp psn.

If not, it runs flawlessly on MAME. But you HAVE to play Dodonpachi! Its awesouuum

maybe YOU can answer -- can I somehow get DDP to work on DC? Either with the MAME emulator or via Bleem? I want to play it with my Agetec stick IF possible.

I've been trying to find out if there would be a way to do this with MAME. The ps1 version is nads if you want to score, as they kinda broke the game.

From what I've been told, theres no reason it wouldn't work. But, I don't know how to go about doing in.

Does the agetek stick work with bleem games like harmful park? (I'm lookin at you mjmjr25 :P
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

Why do you guys keep putting apostrophes after the 'Y' in 'Ys'?
swiftzx
Next-Gen

Post by swiftzx »

sevin0seven wrote:
TEKTORO wrote:November - Panel de pon*Needed Recommendations*

EDIT:added some notations if anyone can help :?:

Tetris Attack - SNES

or if you want to go portable: Pokemon Puzzle Leage for Game Boy Color

If you want portable, you need Planet Puzzle League on DS ;)
Sale thread (please buy!): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19428
swiftzx
Next-Gen

Post by swiftzx »

noiseredux wrote:
swiftzx wrote:Hmm, I feel like it is hit or miss, good ones being SC 1, Ys 1, Treasure double pack, Crush series, Panel de Pon, and DDP. Not so good ones IMO are GAW and SMB 2 USA. Hit or miss but feel like it is better than last year :D

what's wrong with GAW?

2 of the 3 ways to play it (not including emulation) is on a current gen console and not everyone owns a ps3/360.
Sale thread (please buy!): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19428
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

The entire purpose of Together Retro was to get people to play games they might have missed initially. I think we might have lost that direction.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

fastbilly1 wrote:The entire purpose of Together Retro was to get people to play games they might have missed initially. I think we might have lost that direction.

I don't think so. I have only played about half of them, which is pretty standard for most years we've done this.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Jan - Golden Axe Warrior - I've very excited.

Feb - Soul Calibur - I think this will be fun. I've only played the 2nd game. I just bought the first (DC) off of s1mple today in preparation.

Mar - Y's I - never played any, so I guess that's cool. I wanted to play something newer like Skies or Grandia 2 as most of my RPG experience is 8, 16-bit or current gen.

April - Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 - I've played the hell out of this game on DC back in the day, and then PS1 back in the day, yet I'm totally excited. Gonna rebuy the DC version, since until this year it was the only DC game I had ever played so there's that nostalgia going for it.

May - Wolfenstein 3D - AH! My first FPS. I remember playing this in Jr. High on the school PC's haha. Will most likely play the DC homebrew port.

June - Command & Conquer - I have no idea about this game, so no feeling one way or the other.

July - Treasure Heroes 2 Pack - Guardian Heroes and Gunstar Heroes - cool.

August -Bomberman 94 - meh. I've played a lot of versions of Bomberman since SNES days. I don't find them all that appealing unless you have a big party to play with. Which I won't most likely. But whatever, I'll make the best of it. Not sure about which port yet.

Sept - Super Mario Brothers 2/Doki Doki Panic - not really thrilled strangely because SMB2 is a favorite of mine. I kind of know it inside and out. It was the first game I can remember beating and I've beat it sooooo many times and can do so pretty quickly with little trouble. But like I said, still a personal favorite so I'll certainly play along.

October - Maniac Mansion/Crush series - I love MM, so this is awesome. Never played any Crush games.

November - Panel de Pon - I don't really like Panel de Pon that much. I've played several versions. Maybe I'll grow to like it over the month. I like puzzle games in general, but usually of the dropping block variety.

December - Do Don Pachi - ok. I ripped it to my PSP, but hopefully can find a better way to play (arcade stick). (I did kind of want Ikaruga instead, but I'm no pissed).
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

fastbilly1 wrote:The entire purpose of Together Retro was to get people to play games they might have missed initially. I think we might have lost that direction.

The only games I've played in any depth on this list are Gunstar and Guardian Heroes - where I voiced my concern before about gunstar, but I reckon guardian heroes is a little less played, Bomberman 94 - which is well overdue being beaten, and Mario Bros 2, which wasn't chosen by us but by the bossman. I have played a lot of Soul Calibur 2, but it'll be nice to try the original on Dreamcast and see how it compares.

All the rest though, I have either barely played or haven't played at all. I think it's one of our strongest years personally.
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

Post by TEKTORO »

Looks like the Saturn version of C&C has excellent reviews,looking foward to playing it.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
Czernobog
Next-Gen

Post by Czernobog »

I'm pretty excited. The only game I've played extensively is Bomberman '94. I'm really looking forward to Golden Axe Warrior.