Anarchy Reigns (360/PS3)

Brawlers and Beatemups
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Re: Anarchy Reigns (360/PS3)

Post by brunoafh »

No hopes and no dreams, I'm useless.

I detest rap, but I have to admit some of these songs are very catchy. Are you gonna be on in a bit? I'll be on in 30 mins or so.
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

brunoafh wrote:No hopes and no dreams, I'm useless.

I detest rap, but I have to admit some of these songs are very catchy. Are you gonna be on in a bit? I'll be on in 30 mins or so.

Nah, I'm at work for another 5 hours or so. I have quite a few errands and chores waiting for me at home, too. Shit I let pile up over the weekend. I will try to hop on later tonight.

Oh, and did you get my friend invite?
weasels
Next-Gen

Post by weasels »

I read the word godhand....and that was it. solidified my choice in making a jp account....but im not exactly sure how. guess ill look it up.

EDIT: nvm. i got it. and downloading now. can;t wait.
"ninja's wear clothing of every color so they can blend with the alphabet."-best friend concerning bushido blade 2.
my trade and sell list is right here: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20601

N64, saturn model 2, ds, Dreamcast, ps1, ps2, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, xbox, 3DO, psp slim (v.3001.)
feel free to PM/IM me if you feel like talking to me.
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

wip3outguy7 wrote:Oh, and did you get my friend invite?

Yep I got it.

Mainly been playing as Jack, Leo, and Garuda. Garuda is so damn slow but his killer attacks + charge attacker ability are off the hook. Only takes a few charged killer attacks and you've got yourself a kill. Today I somehow got lucky enough to take out 3 low-HP enemies at once with his charge L2 = triangle attack.

One thing that bugs me is the rage mode punching duels. No matter what I seem to get totally annihilated, and I press the buttons press dang furiously, feels like I'm missing something.
weasels
Next-Gen

Post by weasels »

So im really enjoying this and the fact that the game can be entirely in english makes it amazing. a possible import for me.

EDIT: ok so i enjoyed the main game demo but the multiplayer makes me rage with a burning passion. often i felt i would be completely outnumbered and have no way of actually fighting back. the camera felt quite glitchy when more than one enemy was around you and just caused for more of a hassle. im not one to complain about stuff like this and I really want to have fun with this game...but the game just doesn't seem to want me to do that. Am i missing something? a game hasn't made me rage this much in a long time.
"ninja's wear clothing of every color so they can blend with the alphabet."-best friend concerning bushido blade 2.
my trade and sell list is right here: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20601

N64, saturn model 2, ds, Dreamcast, ps1, ps2, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, xbox, 3DO, psp slim (v.3001.)
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

brunoafh wrote:
wip3outguy7 wrote:Oh, and did you get my friend invite?

Yep I got it.

Mainly been playing as Jack, Leo, and Garuda. Garuda is so damn slow but his killer attacks + charge attacker ability are off the hook. Only takes a few charged killer attacks and you've got yourself a kill. Today I somehow got lucky enough to take out 3 low-HP enemies at once with his charge L2 = triangle attack.

One thing that bugs me is the rage mode punching duels. No matter what I seem to get totally annihilated, and I press the buttons press dang furiously, feels like I'm missing something.

I've mostly been using Mathilda. It's all about the spiky nipples. Her wind up and swing is a riot. I love doing it to a crowd and watching people fly with "3 Kills" displayed in red, LOL!

Um yeah... the Super Saiyan thing. When someone goes berserk, I just run. I usually store my rage meeter for a last ditch multi kill if I'm toward the bottom of the group in points. It works really well as a comeback mechanic.

Garuda is OP, IMO. I tried him out just to see why EVERYONE seems to be using him online and I now know why they are. He's slow but those drill attacks seem to go through just about anything. I remember someone on NeoGAF claiming that his charged uppercut can kill someone in two hits.

weasels wrote:ok so i enjoyed the main game demo but the multiplayer makes me rage with a burning passion. often i felt i would be completely outnumbered and have no way of actually fighting back. the camera felt quite glitchy when more than one enemy was around you and just caused for more of a hassle. im not one to complain about stuff like this and I really want to have fun with this game...but the game just doesn't seem to want me to do that. Am i missing something? a game hasn't made me rage this much in a long time.

Yeah, it's easy to get ganged up on. I played for a couple of hours yesterday and finally started to feel like I was getting the hang of managing distance. You just have to hang back and know when to run. Throws make you invincible so grab someone when you get surrounded. Don't be afraid to mash the 360 spin attack (square + X). It may take a little energy, but it still makes an excellent panic button to give you a breather.

If you're playing team deathmatch and you happen to have a lousy team, you're just dead. It's that simple. You CANNOT lone wolf in this game. TDM is all about ganging up on people. If you get caught alone, you'll just get team combo'd to death.

Also, jack your camera speed up to 10. Anything below that is too slow. Also learn how L1 works as a lock on. I'm constantly toggling it to allow me to go toe to toe with someone, but disengage to run away when his buddies inevitably sneak up to gang fuck me.
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

@wip3outguy7
I absolutely hate Mathilda lol. Such an annoying character, that charge attack... just... fuck that. As soon as I see her take that thing out I just think "yep, I'm fucked"

I wouldn't say Garuda is OP, other than having extremely powerful attacks, if he's faced with even 2 opponents at once, game over. He's incredibly slow in every way. And yeah, that charged uppercut, definitely capable of killing in 2 hits with charge master on. Thing is, it's damn near impossible to hit the speedsters as Garuda. Everything has to be timed very, very carefully with him. Also did you notice how people can ride on Garuda and fire bullets out of him when he's in jet mode? Haha that's hilarious, I wonder if there are any other weird co-op things.

@weasels
wip3outguy7 is right, if your team doesn't help you and the other team is working together, you're completely fucked. Maybe you'd have more fun with Deathmatch. Do take note of the 360 attack (square + X). It's kind of a pain in the ass to get off but it's a real life saver since it makes you temporarily invincible. I'm still not very good at the game yet either but I'm sure in the full game once we have a full roster and all more abilities/customization at our disposal, things will be less rage inducing since you'll be able to develop your own style.
weasels
Next-Gen

Post by weasels »

thanks for the tips guys. ill give it a shot again.

wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

I was mistaken, it's Baron who people generally agree is OP. His uppercut is the one that kills in basically a hit or two. Definitely kills in a combo.
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

By "uppercut" I was assuming you meant Garuda's drill attack that sends people flying 50 feet away. But yeah I should have realized you meant Baron's SRK, which is just about as annoying as Mathilda's bat attack.

I love Platinum's obsession with pimp characters.