Let's have a western animation thread

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Re: Let's have a western animation thread

Post by brunoafh »

CFFJR wrote:Napoleon Dynamite looks as boring as the movie was. Yeah I said it, that movie sucked.

The movie did nothing for me either. (Well, it kind of irritated me, but that's about it.)
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

Veno wrote:Megas XLR. One of the Cartoon Network greats when it actually had good stuff playing back then.

Oh, that show was great. I always forget about it because it had such a short run. Definitely canceled before its time.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

brunoafh wrote:
CFFJR wrote:Napoleon Dynamite looks as boring as the movie was. Yeah I said it, that movie sucked.

The movie did nothing for me either. (Well, it kind of irritated me, but that's about it.)

You are literally the first person who has ever agreed with me on that. Everyone else has been damn near offended to hear I don't like it.

Thank you brunoafh. Nice to know I'm not alone. :D
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

CFFJR wrote:
brunoafh wrote:

You are literally the first person who has ever agreed with me on that. Everyone else has been damn near offended to hear I don't like it.

Thank you brunoafh. Nice to know I'm not alone. :D

I couldn't stand the movie either.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
indecks
Next-Gen

Post by indecks »

Yeah, Napoleon Dynamite didn't suck. It was funny. Most haters are just upset that it was an MTV movie and that it was popular. Get over it. It was funny.

Anyway, another vote for MegasXLR. I only saw like 3 episodes of that but it was pretty hilarious.

What about:

Freakazoid!
The Venture Bros.
Animaniacs
Home Movies
Regular Show (this show is brilliant)
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

indecks wrote:Yeah, Napoleon Dynamite didn't suck. It was funny. Most haters are just upset that it was an MTV movie and that it was popular. Get over it. It was funny.

So the fact that I didn't even crack a smile a single time throughout the entire movie is solely because I'm (apparently) bitter about it being an MTV movie.

Yeah ok then.

I agree however, that Regular Show is awesome. I was just about to post about it, since its on right now.

Also, thank you too Mr. Popo!
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

General_Norris wrote:Concerning Tintin, I have mixed feelings about it. I find motion capture pretty boring, and Spielberg, as great as he is, is not an animator. On the other hand, the source material is good and Spielberg makes very solid movies. He has a couple of duds but they are still not bad bad.

I'll agree 100% with you on the motion capture thing. And honestly, I don't get why they didn't just make a real life movie. For god sake's, if they did it with the much more bizzare world of Asterix, they can do it with Tin Tin.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Veno
128-bit

Post by Veno »

Oh, how about Clerks: The Animation?

I know it's a whole series with a live action series and movie, but I've seen the animation, and I found it to be pretty funny. Give it a try.
PSN: Viewtiful_Ryan
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

indecks wrote:Yeah, Napoleon Dynamite didn't suck. It was funny. Most haters are just upset that it was an MTV movie and that it was popular. Get over it. It was funny.

Veno wrote:Oh, how about Clerks: The Animation?

Hell yeah dude, I thought that series was hilarious. Even though it was only 6 episodes...
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I always thought the "Previously on Clerks" thing they did in episode one was genius.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.