Anonymous strikes again

Gaming on the Playstation and Xbox Platforms
MrPopo

Re: Anonymous strikes again

Post by MrPopo »

That's pretty standard when shit goes wrong. It's much better to tell people what broke after the fact, rather than during the event. I am part of an oncall rotation for Amazon, and whenever we tell a building "You're down because of X, so I'm doing Y to fix it" and then there's something else wrong we just catch extra hell for it. And this is from people who are used to our software having issues. The average consumer would be many times worse.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Veno
128-bit

Post by Veno »

I was wondering why I couldn't sign in. And here I thought something might be wrong with my connection. So do you guys really think 2-4 days? I'm really itching to whoop ass on MVC3.
PSN: Viewtiful_Ryan
benderx
Next-Gen

Post by benderx »

I want Anonymous to keep striking, so that I can game on. I haven't updated my console, still 3.41.
You took too long, now your candy's gone. That's What happens. Bkowwwww. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
equalsign
Next-Gen

Post by equalsign »

I personally hate the power modern companies have in America to threaten and sue individuals until they don't have the money to fight anymore. Many times they will charge people when they know they cannot win just to put them into debt for the rest of their lives. I had some faith to be restored when they let that Geohot guy off without ridiculous debt, although I do feel like part of it was that they weren't confident they would win in court.

I agree with protecting their interests from piracy, but do not believe in hunting down individuals and then not pursuing whether or not it is legal for them to do so in the future (so essentially it still is). They could have screwed him much worse, but if they were truly interested in what was right they should've seen it through and had a judge ruling. Attacking the internal servers would have done nothing, as they could probably easily be switched, are not public and would carry no shame, and would not have affected Sony's profits enough to make them take notice.

It's hard, because I don't dislike Sony. I think they did more right this generation than anybody. I don't want the individual gamers hurt either, but it does get them talking in threads, taking sides, and caring more than they otherwise would. Tough issue I think.
Looking for Animal Crossing e Reader cards! - link
Veno
128-bit

Post by Veno »

benderx wrote:I want Anonymous to keep striking, so that I can game on. I haven't updated my console, still 3.41.

Then what about people like me who have stuck to the rules and updated our consoles no problem? Take us into account too...
PSN: Viewtiful_Ryan
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

Veno wrote:
benderx wrote:I want Anonymous to keep striking, so that I can game on. I haven't updated my console, still 3.41.

Then what about people like me who have stuck to the rules and updated our consoles no problem? Take us into account too...

Anonymous doesn't have anything to do with this.

But yeah, still, saying something like that is really lame.
swiftzx
Next-Gen

Post by swiftzx »

Well, until I can get back on, I'll spend time playing my Saturn :)
Sale thread (please buy!): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19428
darth_blunted
24-bit

Post by darth_blunted »

:roll:
flex wood
Next-Gen

Post by flex wood »

I feel that maybe this is anonymous maybe its not. All the articles I have read have been very vague.

Sony is a company with investors, I have no clue if the stock took a hit after the last attacks, but saying that your network has been compromised is a very bad thing and WILL scare people away. I don't trust corporations their bottom line well their bottom.

Anonymous (if this is their doing) is making a powerful statement. I understand the motives but feel that if they really had balls they would fuck with sonys profits and not just my ability to play online games. Fuck.
I have been stuck in soul form for so long.
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen

Post by Rurouni_Fencer »

This is why I play my games on XBox Live..

Regardless of whose fault it is, it sucks for the PSN users who looked forward to gaming this weekend.. Shame on whomever caused this - it's either letting down loyal consumers (if Sony's fault,) or innocent gamers (if Anon's fault.)
B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)