Black Friday 2010

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Metal Militia
128-bit

Re: Black Friday 2010

Post by Metal Militia »

IcKy99 wrote:im hoping i can find myself a nice 1080p tv, maybe something 36" or bigger for cheap, maybe buy medal of honor if its cheap enough

Target has a 40" Westinghouse with 1080p for $298 as a doorbuster on Black Friday. Solid price.

I fucking love Black Friday!!! I've gone the past like 8 years. I love the adrenaline rush of you Vs. a million other people going after the same thing. Some pretty good game deals to. Walmart has Infamous for $10 and Red Dead Redemption for $30. Definitely going to pick up those two games.

Also want to pick up Kick Ass on Blu-Ray for $10 at Best Buy.
Yiddishpilot
16-bit

Post by Yiddishpilot »

The only thing I am hoping for is a decent deal on dragon age origins ultimate edition for the pc.
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

CRTGAMER wrote:
Bradtemple87 wrote:I'm hoping the drill I want for work goes on sale...

Makita 18v w/ lithium ion battery, soooo sexy
Cordless are great drills if used everyday. The old skinny 9.6v Makita were in almost every contractor's box of the day. I like the cool toys too. But nothing more frustrating then grabbing a dead drill because of not being used all the time. Can't top off in standby all the time, will just wear out the battery quicker. Besides the replacement batteries a few years later will eat your wallet. Get cordless if its your paycheck. Maybe get a ½ drive variable speed corded drill. Its cheaper and always good to go. Put the money savings into "Honey I need an Auto Cord Winder." :D

http://www.harborfreight.com/40-ft-retr ... 91470.html

I service best buy retail stores in vendor installations and store functionality so cordless is the best option for me. I use a drill on a daily basis so its well worth the cash.
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
Pichu
128-bit

Post by Pichu »

corn619 wrote:I avoid it at all costs. I hate mobs, I hate lines, I hate the cold and I hate traffic. The cons out weight the pros on this one.

That. Not worth it to me.
equalsign
Next-Gen

Post by equalsign »

I shop online. Sites like Amazon do this whole Black Friday-Cyber Monday sale. Picked up some pretty sweet game deals in the past.

PS: Support the site if you shop Amazon too - link!
Looking for Animal Crossing e Reader cards! - link
Weekend_Warrior
Next-Gen

Post by Weekend_Warrior »

K-Mart and Toys R Us have been having some really good deals on video games lately. So I'm kinda interested to see what they come up with for Black Friday.

Wal-Mart - I went there last year after Midnight but didn't see anything I was really interested in. They did have Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare GOTY and Need For Speed: Shift for $25 each. But I didn't pick up either of those two. I figured they'd come down in price this year anyway and I was absolutely correct.

Best Buy - I also went to Best Buy last year and they had been hit pretty hard by the time I got there (about 1am or so, after going to Wal-Mart first). So there wasn't much to look over.

Black Friday in general - Even though I'm in the market for a new tv, I'm not about to wait 4 hours in line and then leave tire marks all over the guy who eventually opens the doors. I don't need a tv or ANYTHING that bad. *Ahem* Ok. Well... maybe if they had a 320GB PS3 on sale for $250 or something - then I might plow a motherfucker over! :twisted:
"Welcome to the circus of values!"

Currently Playing: Crysis (360), Destiny demo (PS3), Roadblasters (MAME)
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Post by EvilRyu2099 »

Bradtemple87 wrote:I'm hoping the drill I want for work goes on sale...

Makita 18v w/ lithium ion battery, soooo sexy

Try going Hilti... Sure they are the most expensive, but they make the best power tools by far.. And the insurance is amazing, they send a repair guy on site to fix it for you in case it breaks... I went with Milwaukee myself since I'm cheap but you can't go wrong with Dewalt either... Bosch makes some good power tools as well.. I use a lithium ion 18v myself... Not sure why you would go with Makita though... Better than Ryobi I suppose..
PSN: GoTigers9999
Live: Iori8000
Nintendo:Iori9999 3DS Friend Code: 4012-3366-0941
My Twitch stream channel!
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Post by EvilRyu2099 »

CRTGAMER wrote:Cordless are great drills if used everyday. The old skinny 9.6v Makita were in almost every contractor's box of the day. I like the cool toys too. But nothing more frustrating then grabbing a dead drill because of not being used all the time. Can't top off in standby all the time, will just wear out the battery quicker. Besides the replacement batteries a few years later will eat your wallet. Get cordless if its your paycheck. Maybe get a ½ drive variable speed corded drill. Its cheaper and always good to go.

That's basically the consequence with using Lithium Ion... If you don't use it for awhile, the power drains out of it and you have to recharge as oppose to Nickel Cad.. If you are working in any trade, you are most likely going to need a cordless drill depending on the job, because you may be using it throughout different parts of the job that are a far distance from outlets, and maybe your superiors won't provide you with extension cords.. Cordless drills are great for use as screw guns, but I agree that corded hammer drills have more torque.. I have a Bosch corded myself, although the chuck is somewhat broken...
PSN: GoTigers9999
Live: Iori8000
Nintendo:Iori9999 3DS Friend Code: 4012-3366-0941
My Twitch stream channel!
skyknight
128-bit

Post by skyknight »

Depends on what is being offered, with Cyber Monday being the focal point for me. I definitely hate the rushing crowds and long wait line for checkout.
gtmtnbiker
Next-Gen

Post by gtmtnbiker »

I don't do a lot of BF shopping but will check out a couple of stores. Last year, it was Target and Home Depot. I scored a 1TB external drive for $80 (I think) from Target and a big shop vac for $19 from Home Depot.

You can check out the ads in advance at http://www.blackfriday2010.com