Does anybody else have this RPG problem?

Level up here
neohx_7
64-bit

Post by neohx_7 »

Zalphier wrote:That tends to happen to me. I'll get like 60 straight hours into final fantasy 8(I like to explore a lot, my favorite rpg of all time btw) but them I'll get bored and won't play it for a month, or have a kiddish fit because I forgot to get a gf that could have helped me in the final battle :( and I'll start over lol. yes, I've never completely beaten it :/ but the love story is so well done, I actually get into it.

as for grandia 1 and 2, I loved them both emensely. I never played 3 or extreme though. Grandia 2 is by far my favorite DC rpg, however, I could not get bast the damned eye. and I was stuck in that place, with no healing items, or anything. and no matter how many times I tried, I couldn't beat it... so I thought. I eventually beat it by sheer luck(as much luck as 1's and 0's could give me) Seeing the stress it caused me, I had a little talk with Grandia 2.

"I think maybe we've been going to fast. I think it's time we see new people..."
Poor grandia 2 cried her heart out, and I feel terrible to this day not ever going back to play with her.

Grandia 2 was so awful in that linear style. ughhh!
DCAllAmerican
24-bit

Post by DCAllAmerican »

Yea right now I am "In the middle of" - Dragon Quest 8 - PS2
metaleggman
128-bit

Post by metaleggman »

That's my problem with FF2 and FF4. I never really felt like continueing them considering I forgot where I left off. I actually was able to force myself to get through FF2, tho I'm stuck in the last dungeon and have to do a shit load of leveling up to get by...
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

metaleggman wrote:That's my problem with FF2 and FF4. I never really felt like continueing them considering I forgot where I left off. I actually was able to force myself to get through FF2, tho I'm stuck in the last dungeon and have to do a shit load of leveling up to get by...

I beat FF4 Advance twice, and never had an ounce of fun. I have no idea why I didn't stop playing. The story sucked. There were only 4-5 catchy songs. The battle system was severely broken and limited, compared to most other FFs. Eh...I'm stupid.
metaleggman
128-bit

Post by metaleggman »

Mozgus wrote:
metaleggman wrote:That's my problem with FF2 and FF4. I never really felt like continueing them considering I forgot where I left off. I actually was able to force myself to get through FF2, tho I'm stuck in the last dungeon and have to do a shit load of leveling up to get by...

I beat FF4 Advance twice, and never had an ounce of fun. I have no idea why I didn't stop playing. The story sucked. There were only 4-5 catchy songs. The battle system was severely broken and limited, compared to most other FFs. Eh...I'm stupid.
exactly. I really don't see what the big frucking deal is about. Just a bunch of nostalgic old bastards. How exactly is riviera? There have been an ass load of Atlus RPGs comin' out on the GBA lately and I've been puzzled on which ones to get. I've heard Summon knight: Sword craft has a risque storyline for it's rating. I saw an ad with lesbians in it (like in the screen shot). I think it's your monster or w/e when you play in girl mode. Lol, makes me want to play that way :p
americankgb
16-bit

Post by americankgb »

I did have a problem finishing rpg's because I always started them whenever I had other stuff going on, like school or big projects at work. Now I just make sure I start them when I have a lot of time to dedicate like winter break for example. I have a whole month off from college so I'll probably end up playing through xenogears, front mission 3 and parasite eve.
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

metaleggman wrote:exactly. I really don't see what the big frucking deal is about. Just a bunch of nostalgic old bastards. How exactly is riviera? There have been an ass load of Atlus RPGs comin' out on the GBA lately and I've been puzzled on which ones to get. I've heard Summon knight: Sword craft has a risque storyline for it's rating. I saw an ad with lesbians in it (like in the screen shot). I think it's your monster or w/e when you play in girl mode. Lol, makes me want to play that way :p

Yeah, Riviera was quite fun. It's worth playing through once. I would have liked it more if I was into that sim-date relationship bullcrap, since that is the only real replay value.

Yes it seems like Riviera, both Summon Nights, and Yggdra Union all have underage lesbian situations, tucked away here or there. Like you said, in Summon Night 1, if you play as the girl, and if you are given the guardian named Sugar, the rest of the game is pretty much non-stop girl on girl flirting. Quite strange how much the GBA gets away with, when most people consider it a child's toy, huh?

And for the record, Sugar is the only worthwhile guardian, since she's the only one that SPEAKS, instead of just makes noises. She's an actual character.
risk
16-bit

Post by risk »

Zalphier wrote:That tends to happen to me. I'll get like 60 straight hours into final fantasy 8(I like to explore a lot, my favorite rpg of all time btw) but them I'll get bored and won't play it for a month, or have a kiddish fit because I forgot to get a gf that could have helped me in the final battle :( and I'll start over lol. yes, I've never completely beaten it :/ but the love story is so well done, I actually get into it.

as for grandia 1 and 2, I loved them both emensely. I never played 3 or extreme though. Grandia 2 is by far my favorite DC rpg, however, I could not get bast the damned eye. and I was stuck in that place, with no healing items, or anything. and no matter how many times I tried, I couldn't beat it... so I thought. I eventually beat it by sheer luck(as much luck as 1's and 0's could give me) Seeing the stress it caused me, I had a little talk with Grandia 2.

"I think maybe we've been going to fast. I think it's time we see new people..."
Poor grandia 2 cried her heart out, and I feel terrible to this day not ever going back to play with her.

grandia 2 was awsome, i finished that one. now grandia 3, huge dissapointment. no replay value and the story wasnt that good. i did finish it but thats only because it still had me interested somewhat. i maxed out everything and had every spell+ultimates. so it was a breeze killing the end boss.
Torrean

Post by Torrean »

I got to right after cloud's "knockout", on the 2nd disk, about 7 months ago. I have it for the PC, and I've kept the saves. Also, I got pretty far into Oblivion, but stopped playing it recently, for no reason. Same with Guild Wars, but that's not really a true RPG.
metaleggman
128-bit

Post by metaleggman »

Mozgus wrote:
metaleggman wrote:exactly. I really don't see what the big frucking deal is about. Just a bunch of nostalgic old bastards. How exactly is riviera? There have been an ass load of Atlus RPGs comin' out on the GBA lately and I've been puzzled on which ones to get. I've heard Summon knight: Sword craft has a risque storyline for it's rating. I saw an ad with lesbians in it (like in the screen shot). I think it's your monster or w/e when you play in girl mode. Lol, makes me want to play that way :p

Yeah, Riviera was quite fun. It's worth playing through once. I would have liked it more if I was into that sim-date relationship bullcrap, since that is the only real replay value.

Yes it seems like Riviera, both Summon Nights, and Yggdra Union all have underage lesbian situations, tucked away here or there. Like you said, in Summon Night 1, if you play as the girl, and if you are given the guardian named Sugar, the rest of the game is pretty much non-stop girl on girl flirting. Quite strange how much the GBA gets away with, when most people consider it a child's toy, huh?

And for the record, Sugar is the only worthwhile guardian, since she's the only one that SPEAKS, instead of just makes noises. She's an actual character.

Friggin awesome! Finally we get some of the good stuff from Japan :lol:
If I don't get it for Xmas, I'll definately download it. Sweet! You got me two games to spend winter break with 8)