How do you get the BEST possible video out of a Saturn?

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
lordofduct
Next-Gen

Post by lordofduct »

4 to 5 centimeters?

First I'm gonna assume you are in Europe somewhere...

What kind of connection are you using? RGB Scart?

Also have you tested any other consoles on the same TV with the same kind of connector?
www.lordofduct.com - check out my blog

Space Puppy Studios - games for gamers by gamers
silenthill

Post by silenthill »

lordofduct wrote:4 to 5 centimeters?

First I'm gonna assume you are in Europe somewhere...

What kind of connection are you using? RGB Scart?

Also have you tested any other consoles on the same TV with the same kind of connector?

yeahh, I'm from Hungary, so i have Pal Saturn. I have Scart cable, but the PS2, Amiga, PC Tv-Out are works good. Maybe the cable is crappy, because it get hard to adjust the colors right. Yellow, blue and red tone do appear when the cable disturbed.
tnx
carslayer
16-bit

Post by carslayer »

For a while I've wanted to make modifications like this to my saturn. I have 2 of them but only one set of AV cable and they suck. then i saw the site showing the pinout for the saturn A/V port and decided i could take the saturn i like least (my un-modded one) and drill a couple holes in the back and solder Normal Video, Stereo, S-Video, and hopefully RGB and screw them right into the back panel. So far a have found an old AV box thing, and have desoldered the Video and Stereo ports from it, but i honestly have no idea what the hell im doing and im afraid of drilling holes in my poor saturn without knowing for sure that this will work. soon i will try to post pictures of what i have done so far, but i hope to accomplish two things: needing no special saturn video cables, and eventually getting better quality video with S-Video or RGB. But basically all i have so far is a little plastic peove with video and stereo ports and i am wondering what to do next. if stereo right nd left are the positives, then what else to i connect to the plug? What gets soldered to the video jack?