Wii: A failure

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
IcKy99
Next-Gen

Re: Wii: A failure

Post by IcKy99 »

kingmohd84 wrote:Zelda: Gamecube game, not to mention Fallout 3, Oblivion, and others eat it for breakfast

are you kidding me i can replay any Zelda time and time again, thats something you cant do with Fallout or Elder Scrolls
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

noiseredux wrote:fastbilly = truth

Now thats a dangerous statement
Gnashvar
128-bit

Post by Gnashvar »

It breaks down to this. For retro the Wii wins 100%. None of my friends are gamers and your should hear them laugh and have fun with the Wii. I show them how cool a new game for ps3 is coming out and they just say "wow that's cool, can we play Mario now" LOL. It boils down to this Wii with friends and better for retro.

I will buy a PS3 because there are some games I want to play... on my own. But no 360 for me that thing is too faulty.
Thanks everyone...
DCsegaDH
128-bit

Post by DCsegaDH »

I don't believe that Wii is a failure, it sells better than both Xbox 360 and PS3 plus it has a casual audience behind it. I don't own a Wii, I actually prefer Xbox 360, but I don't complain about the other systems, if you don't like it then don't buy it :roll: I do think that the New Mario Bros is a great idea!
Systems: Sega Dreamcast(x2), Sega Genesis(x2), Sega Saturn, Sega CD, Genmobile (portable Genesis), FC Twin, PSX, PS2(x2), GBA, SP, Xbox 360, N64, Showcase Arcade
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

Okay,

I will make a deal with you, I will prove to you the Wii is not a worth while console.

1)Strip Wii from playing VC/Homebrew, that is not Wii games that is other console games
2) Take out Gamecube support, those are gamecube games not Wii games
3)Take out gamecube to ports(resident evil 4, thats like counting sega genesis collection ps3/360 games)

Now we are left with the Wii, how many of you will still buy it for $200?
My point is , that the Wii as a console does not add much to the videogames world other than Wii Sport + Mario Galaxy.

Think of the future, will you say "Man, that Mario Kart Wii was so damn great!" . Will you say I want to buy Wii for the great game library?
A lot of us go back to buy psx, ps2, Snes, N64, even the Dreamcast but how many people will go back to play the Wii for the Wii games?

I am sure(as I stated before) that a lot of people have fun playing this system, but I still stand to my position that the Wii as a videogame console has failed to bring anything new except a couple of games.

Those who have fun playing Kart or Mario Party with family and wives, I am not sure how they will be unhappy playing the gamecube version for example, I think it will make it only more complicated using two separate controllers instead of 1.

As for those who want my Wii:

I want the Wii because of the following games
No More Heroes, Zack&Wiki , Mario Galaxy, Man hunt+Okami(because I don't have a ps2)

After that I am only keeping it for the Gamecube games and VC more importantly, and that is the honest truth.

But if you want the one's my friends and I bought, I'll be honest its selling price is not worth it going through the trouble of shipping it. How much are you willing to pay without shipping?
Ack

Post by Ack »

Ok, I'll strip out those things, and then consider what's left that I want to check out, even if some of them are crap. Here's some of what I came up with. Now some of these do have ports to other consoles that I might prefer, but I'd like to give both a try:

Fragile
House of the Dead Overkill
Ghost Squad
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Cursed Mountain
Ju-On
Dead Space: Extraction
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Madworld
Manhunt 2
Mario Kart Wii
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Red Steel
Soul Calibur Legends
Guilty Gear Accent Core
Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus
Calling
Fatal Frame IV
Deadly Creatures
Escape from Bug Island
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
Harvest Moon: Animal Parade
The King of Fighters Collection: The Orochi Saga
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom

Other games I've heard of that intrigue me:

Let's Tap
Epic Mickey
Bomberman Land
Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut
Endless Ocean
Endless Ocean 2
Sam & Max: Season One
Sam & Max: Season Two
Castle of Shikigami III
A Boy and His Blob
Heavenly Guardian
Battalion Wars 2
Dokapon Kingdom
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Secret Files: Tunguska

Also, if Nintendo comes through with that rumored Kirby game, you can bet it would make this list.
RadarScope1
Next-Gen

Post by RadarScope1 »

RE: price + shipping. You're probably right. I'd pay $150 before shipping. I'm really only interested in a basic setup. I don't need a bunch of games or 5 controllers and dumb driving wheels. When the time comes, I'm hitting my local Craigslist. Nintendo hardware, as long as its been taken care of, is never a problem to buy used because of the solid build quality.
AwesomeMonstar
128-bit

Post by AwesomeMonstar »

Every game I own for the wii I really enjoy, and that's a solid 12 games there. Warioware, NSMBW, NMH, Galaxy, Smash, Trauma Center, Metal Slug, Metriod Prime Trilogy (and yes, I do find these games better than most ps3/360 shooters, or hell, even pc for that matter. I have yet to play a shooter that blends with the adventure game type as well as this game.), the imports on the wii store, wiiware, sin and punishment 2, really, there's a ton I like about my wii, and there's a reason it's getting more playtime than my 360 as of late... and pc, but that's cause i can't bring that to my dorm...
Don't that just look oh so tasty?
NES-GB-GENESIS-SNES-GBC-32X-SATURN-3DO-N64-DREAMCAST-GBA-PS2-XBOX-GAMECUBE-DS-PSP-WII-360
Incognito D
128-bit

Post by Incognito D »

kingmohd84 wrote:Okay,

I will make a deal with you, I will prove to you the Wii is not a worth while console.

1)Strip Wii from playing VC/Homebrew, that is not Wii games that is other console games
2) Take out Gamecube support, those are gamecube games not Wii games
3)Take out gamecube to ports(resident evil 4, thats like counting sega genesis collection ps3/360 games)

But why should we have to do that? Why strip away legitimate features of the console?

That's like saying take the PS2 and take away the DVD player, take the 360 and take away Xbox Live, take the PS3 and take away blu-ray
AmishSamurai
Next-Gen

Post by AmishSamurai »

kingmohd84 wrote:I'll prove the wii sucks by building a strawman through removing core features of the system. Bawwww!

To me it just sounds like you're butthurt that Nintendo isn't releasing a neverending stream of shooters consisting of nothing but Brown, Bloom, and grittiness with the same gruff, bald space marine protagonist over and over. That or you're upset they tried to invite more people to the videogaming party and aren't paying as much attention to your niche demographic. Nobody is forcing you to play.
MrPopo wrote:The life lesson here is jobs will come and go, but Earthbound will always be there for you.

I'm a girl btw