Virtua Fighter 5 Coming to XBox 360

SMS, Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast
baphomet_irl
128-bit

Post by baphomet_irl »

yeh i remember I was one cheesy bastard

when i played Tekken 3 in the arcade as Hwoarang, Id actually do his victory patterns at my enemy lol

(i was doing ITF TKD at the time :D )
ImportBoy
64-bit

Post by ImportBoy »

I guess you guys have never heard of fibreoptical DSL. 512 kilobytes per second upload. Yowza.
then again, it costs like 150 bucks a month for that and 16megabte per second downloads.
http://news.com.com/Verizons+fiber+race ... 75171.html
That's pretty old news, but I know someone who shares the highest service with his two other roomates and he got those speeds listed above.

But how good is the latency on it? That would be trouble rather then the ammount you can upload/download per second. I think I remember reading Sega did tests and said the latency would be to great to play as it is.

In any case I'll probably stick to getting a PS3 - the 360 just doesn't seem to have much that interests me that isn't already avalible on the PC.
baphomet_irl
128-bit

Post by baphomet_irl »

you do have a point there - when I went to ADSL from ISDN, my ping only improved slightly, from say 50 to maybe 45 or low 40's when I was connecting to England (for example)
metaleggman
128-bit

Post by metaleggman »

ImportBoy wrote:
I guess you guys have never heard of fibreoptical DSL. 512 kilobytes per second upload. Yowza.
then again, it costs like 150 bucks a month for that and 16megabte per second downloads.
http://news.com.com/Verizons+fiber+race ... 75171.html
That's pretty old news, but I know someone who shares the highest service with his two other roomates and he got those speeds listed above.

But how good is the latency on it? That would be trouble rather then the ammount you can upload/download per second. I think I remember reading Sega did tests and said the latency would be to great to play as it is.

In any case I'll probably stick to getting a PS3 - the 360 just doesn't seem to have much that interests me that isn't already avalible on the PC.
tbh, it has more to do with how far away the server is from you than anything else. Samething with the ping counts. That's why when I play kaillera online I choose a server that's in between me and my friend. I don't choose some chinese server since that's way too far away and will cause my ping to rocket sky high. Plus it has to do with your modem too, so it's quite more complicated than just, "you have better/worse latency", as with all connection types. And that's why nothing will ever beat good old LAN, now will it! :D
Zork
32-bit

Post by Zork »

Over at IGN they have opened up a "Designer Diary" with the Lead Game Designer of VF5 for PS3. Apparently he's going to write a few columns up discussing the game which will be great. In his first one he talks about the Quest mode a bit and how they're improving on the last one, it's pretty interesting.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/755/755378p1.html

I can hardly wait for this game. :D