My SNES collection (MASSIVE AMOUNT OF PICS)!!!

Discuss Your Gaming Environments and AV Setups
RadarScope1
Next-Gen

Re: My SNES collection (MASSIVE AMOUNT OF PICS)!!!

Post by RadarScope1 »

Mind if we inquire as to how much you paid for the Starfox 2 repro cart? And, how is the game? Does it stack up againt the first? Better?
DaPerv
8-bit

Post by DaPerv »

RadarScope1 wrote:Mind if we inquire as to how much you paid for the Starfox 2 repro cart? And, how is the game? Does it stack up againt the first? Better?

I paid around $150 for it, which in my mind I believe is a good deal, since they're pretty rare and this one is particular is in EXCELLENT quality. Most of the people that see it in person think it to be real. I thought it was too when I got it till I found out about reproductions.

The game itself is awesome. Compared to the first one it's a much more solid game. It's uses some different methods of play than the original, but it could have been a step in an excellent direction.

I'll be reviewing the game in more detail later this week for my website.
Check Out my SNES review site at: http://www.thesnesdudes.blogspot.com
DaPerv
8-bit

Post by DaPerv »

So, I'd thought I'd share this with you all, My final project assignment for my Vectorworks CAD class is to do whatever you want. I will be designing my custom SNES shelf with groudplans and renderings.

I'll share with everyone when it's done on friday!
RadarScope1
Next-Gen

Post by RadarScope1 »

StarFox 2 is indeed a "real" game. It was programmed and finished but never released. Shane Bettenhausen of 1UP likes to tell a story about how a friend of his actually beat the full game at a display booth at E3 in the late 1990s. But Nintendo, with the N64's much better polygon handling just around the corner, decided not to release it.

So the game is real, but the cart is not. It never went into production. Someone flashed the ROM onto a cart and put a great sticker on it. That's not a judgment on the price. The thing's pretty rare. I'm asking because there's a guy selling on in another thread. $150 seems much closer to what I'm seeing on eBay completed sales. He's asking $220.
DaPerv
8-bit

Post by DaPerv »

I
RadarScope1 wrote:StarFox 2 is indeed a "real" game. It was programmed and finished but never released. Shane Bettenhausen of 1UP likes to tell a story about how a friend of his actually beat the full game at a display booth at E3 in the late 1990s. But Nintendo, with the N64's much better polygon handling just around the corner, decided not to release it.

So the game is real, but the cart is not. It never went into production. Someone flashed the ROM onto a cart and put a great sticker on it. That's not a judgment on the price. The thing's pretty rare. I'm asking because there's a guy selling on in another thread. $150 seems much closer to what I'm seeing on eBay completed sales. He's asking $220.
I

That sounds about right. I kind of new it was a flash cart repro. What he's charging seems really high for a repro cart, also considering that the cart and label itself aren't exactly in the best condition. Not saying that his is junk, but I wouldn't charge more than $120 for something like this.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

If you've ever played Star Fox Command then you have a decent idea of how Star Fox 2 plays, as Star Fox Command was heavily influenced by Star Fox 2.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I recently played all the way through Star Fox 2, it's really not that great of game. It's short and the game play isn't that great, Star Fox (1) is way better. I understand a multiplayer mode was taken out of the patched English version because it was unfinished, perhaps the game would have been better if finished, but as is I don't think its worth $150.
More Than Nostalgia

Post by More Than Nostalgia »

I like your collection! My question would be where you put them or display them. How do you know what title is what without having them face out?
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

What's wrong with the top part of the label?
More Than Nostalgia

Post by More Than Nostalgia »

Ziggy587 wrote:What's wrong with the top part of the label?

I'm going to go ahead and slap myself on the forehead. I didn't even think of that! Ouch.