NFL 2015 THREAD

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
stickem
Next-Gen

Re: NFL 2015 THREAD

Post by stickem »

Cam could be the first to win a ship in junior college, fbs, and super bowl. He's turned into a beast this year.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Well the Broncos got there with magic.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Stark wrote:Well the Broncos got there with magic.

That was just some voodoo that his grandmama taught him.
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

I was a peyton fan, even though he choked in big games at UT, but I'm about sick of his dam commercials and want them to lose in spite of those lol.
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

chicken parm you taste so good
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

I don't understand why people not liking Cam Newton gets immediately labeled racism. I feel like it's no longer the default like it used to be. The "easiest path" of Occam's razor isn't racism. Just because someone of a race doesn't like someone of another race doesn't mean racism. It also doesn't mean no one is racist, I just feel like it's too blanketed.

Same thing was leveled at opponents of Obama during both of the elections he won for President and I felt it was an invalid argument then too.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Omerta
Next-Gen

Post by Omerta »

Stark wrote:I don't understand why people not liking Cam Newton gets immediately labeled racism. I feel like it's no longer the default like it used to be. The "easiest path" of Occam's razor isn't racism. Just because someone of a race doesn't like someone of another race doesn't mean racism. It also doesn't mean no one is racist, I just feel like it's too blanketed.

Same thing was leveled at opponents of Obama during both of the elections he won for President and I felt it was an invalid argument then too.

Racism is the knee-jerk explanation for the social justice warrior types. It's begun to lose meaning and is shrugged off as a weak argument tactic even in cases where racism is truly happening.

To me, OcCAM'S (See what I did there?) razor in this case would be that Newton is hated for his perceived cocky attitude. The choreographed and practiced celebrations happen to take place after every single decent play. The fact that the Panthers are awesome this year and Cam is the ring-leader makes these celebrations more frequent. This makes people want to see the smile knocked off his face even more.

Now Manning is a different story. I hate him because he's white... err... overrated I mean.
"Farewell, good hunter.
May you find your worth
in the waking world."
stickem
Next-Gen

Post by stickem »

It doesn't help that he was paid at auburn and suspended at Florida for theft. I don't know. He's cockey, sure enough, but he can back it up. BTW, living in the south, nashville, I remember when steve McNair qb'd the titans. I used to vend beer in the stands for extra money. Every bad play the guy had it was n****r this n****r that. Ok, this dude was from Mississippi in the country, prolly more redneck than whoever said all that bullshit week after week
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

well shit
Ack

Post by Ack »

That was a pretty lousy Super Bowl.