Direct me to the drama please

Talk about just about anything else that is non-gaming here, but keep it clean
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: Direct me to the drama please

Post by Xeogred »

@Key: Do you use "View active topics" at the top? That's what I've been doing for a few years now and it makes it all easier to manage.
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Indeed. With the over abundance of subforums here, the "View active topics" feature is the only way I can manage to keep up and participate.

Also with the mega threads and anybody... just jump in anywhere and post your opinion. It's all just big evolving random conversations anyway. Drive by posts fill up most of the bulk of those actually.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Xeogred wrote:@Key: Do you use "View active topics" at the top? That's what I've been doing for a few years now and it makes it all easier to manage.

Wow....I've been around for so long and used phpbb boards before and never noticed that link before. I'm definitely going to have to use that ha ha
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Cronozilla wrote:Racket Twitch channel is a good idea. Especially if it were used as an outreach tool.

I'd enjoy streaming my upcoming Starflight 2 playthrough to the masses.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Personally, I think that the site should become more of a lifestyle site catering to gamers with careers, children, etc. (Articles like, "How to Introduce Your Children to Gaming" and "The Best Gaming Soundtracks for Exercise" would be truly unique.)

There are a lot of sites dedicated to gaming, but none of them are really dedicated to adult gamers. (TMK, there are more of those on the forums here than elsewhere, and I think you could draw more people to the site by catering to this niche.)
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:Personally, I think that the site should become more of a lifestyle site catering to gamers with careers, children, etc. / There are a lot of sites dedicated to gaming, but none of them are really dedicated to adult gamers.

Yes. That is a niche worth filling. The only site I know of like that is:

https://www.gamerswithjobs.com/

But it's not very good.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

MrPopo wrote:
Cronozilla wrote:Racket Twitch channel is a good idea. Especially if it were used as an outreach tool.

I'd enjoy streaming my upcoming Starflight 2 playthrough to the masses.

I have suggested this numerous times and I hope that it finally happens. I have tried to drum up interest in streaming. If we want to be relevant, we need streams and videos and podcasts
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I've got a setup for twitch streaming; we'd just need an account I could log into to push to.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Exhuminator wrote:Indeed. With the over abundance of subforums here, the "View active topics" feature is the only way I can manage to keep up and participate.

Also with the mega threads and anybody... just jump in anywhere and post your opinion. It's all just big evolving random conversations anyway. Drive by posts fill up most of the bulk of those actually.

Yeah, that's the only way I've been able to keep up. I was informed of this pretty recently, and I comment a lot more than I used to, with a lot less effort involved as well. :)
Nyukki
128-bit

Post by Nyukki »

I'm still around. Been busy with work but just setup a nice little rotatable MAME setup thing in my living room. Looking to get back into shmups big time. Actually going to Tokyo for Christmas and have an afternoon in Taito HEY planned.

Anyone still play on the SOTM threads? Who was that dude who encouraged us all to the shave our gonads before playing Dodonpachi DOJ (good call, btw)? That guy was rad.
Weekend shmupper