CoD/Battlefield discussion thread

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Re: CoD/Battlefield discussion thread

Post by Pulsar_t »

Tried a bit of Forgotten Hope 2.45 for BF2, and while it's obvious a lot of work was poured into it, can't help but be disappointed by the lack of environmental damage and particle effects from the Frostbite 3 engine. Dice really did everyone a disfavour by prohibiting modding.
Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

Pulsar_t wrote:Tried a bit of Forgotten Hope 2.45 for BF2, and while it's obvious a lot of work was poured into it, can't help but be disappointed by the lack of environmental damage and particle effects from the Frostbite 3 engine. Dice really did everyone a disfavour by prohibiting modding.

I really have no idea why a publisher would prohibit modding. If anything, it lengthens a game's life among the fans.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
flex wood
Next-Gen

Post by flex wood »

BoringSupreez wrote:
Pulsar_t wrote:Tried a bit of Forgotten Hope 2.45 for BF2, and while it's obvious a lot of work was poured into it, can't help but be disappointed by the lack of environmental damage and particle effects from the Frostbite 3 engine. Dice really did everyone a disfavour by prohibiting modding.

I really have no idea why a publisher would prohibit modding. If anything, it lengthens a game's life among the fans.

Because they can't sell more dlc/next iteration of a series if people are just coming up with new content for old games. This is EA we are talking about not dice.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2265031/ba ... _2014.html

BF5 this year? Very likely, and it sucks.
flex wood
Next-Gen

Post by flex wood »

Pulsar_t wrote:http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2265031/battlefield_5_policethemed_due_in_2014.html

BF5 this year? Very likely, and it sucks.

If that's true

Edit: I just don't understand why a company would willingly sign away creative control of their IP like dice has. I mean don't they realize that they have screwed up the brand name of Battlefield enough on their own? Why would they want to let another company ruin it even more? Am I just confused or has Battlefield always been a EA thing?
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

So I had the chance to spend a little more time with Call of Duty Ghosts and it wasn't as bad as my first impressions were. I got to try a bit of Extinction mode for the first time and I actually liked it a fair bit, even if it's nothing ground-breaking. I was playing the Wii U version with a buddy and I forgot how incredibly tolerable Wiimotes are for first person shooters.

My question is, for $20 do you think it's worth it? Have the patched spawn zones? They didn't seem nearly as bad as when I first played it but maybe I was just having poor luck that time.

I'm sure I'd get my moneys worth out of the story but if there are heinous balance issues or something I might pass, since the meat of these games is the multiplayer IMO.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

LOL they offer a 50% discount on Steam and even at $10 I wouldn't get that turd.

Btw anyone else agree that they should disable bunnyhops in BF? They simulate a fair bit of ballistics not to mention destructible environments, but when you see soldiers jumping about with their heavy kits it just looks plain silly.
RyaNtheSlayA
Next-Gen

Post by RyaNtheSlayA »

Pulsar_t wrote:LOL they offer a 50% discount on Steam and even at $10 I wouldn't get that turd.

Too late. Already beat and finished it a week ago.
I'm still not sure whether I'm a kid or a squid now.
oxymoron
Next-Gen

Post by oxymoron »

Anyone else sign up for the Battlefield Hardline closed beta? I just got an email say that I got it. I'm not a big COD/BF person but this cops 'n robbers thing looks fun.

Here's the link for anyone who wants to sign up:
http://www.battlefield.com/hardline/beta
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

http://www.destructoid.com/dice-contemp ... 6573.phtml

So even BF is being mulled for paid-alphas aka Early Schmuccess? :roll: