So Thief 4 anybody?

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Re: So Thief 4 anybody?

Post by emwearz »

Wispmage wrote:But if you mean general aesthetics and atmosphere, that I can understand.

Not talking polycount and texture sizes, talking about the beauty of the game and the world it is based in. I wish Thief had more of a steampunk feel to it.
Pulsar_t
Next-Gen

Post by Pulsar_t »

Thy ban hammer shalt strike Image
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Uh ... what?
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

First and foremost, that was horrible.

But I love the line "Guards in the city are always hostile so you're constantly on your guard, sticking to the shadows"

Does he know he is playing a stealth game? Sure there might be a few too many guards, but man this dude shits me.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Why is he in a bathrobe? What does "fired intae" mean? So many questions ...
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Stark wrote:Why is he in a bathrobe? What does "fired intae" mean? So many questions ...

Because having a accent and a shit gimmick is the only way people would listen to what he has to say.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

emwearz wrote:
Wispmage wrote:But if you mean general aesthetics and atmosphere, that I can understand.

Not talking polycount and texture sizes, talking about the beauty of the game and the world it is based in. I wish Thief had more of a steampunk feel to it.

More like the neo-gothic steampunk feel of the originals? It's sounded like the new one doesn't have any of those really weird sci-fi touches so I'll miss that.

I'll agree that Dishonored had an amazing world, art direciton, everything. Graphically it definitely looked a bit dated up close right out the door though. But yeah, that was balanced out thanks to the art.

I guess as a fan of both it'll be interesting to see how I rank this new Thief. Maybe I'll get it soon.
optmusprimenumber wrote:There's a lot to do in this game and I'm have a lot of fun doing it. I'm just shy of 30 hours in and I'm only on Chapter 5. The City is insanely elaborate.. ninja-ing around and robbing every apartment I can find is great.. The side missions are a blast too. Going back over my fellow Thief-friends' house tonight. Thief party!

30 hours sounds insane? Wow.
optmusprimenumber
Next-Gen

Post by optmusprimenumber »

Xeogred wrote:
optmusprimenumber wrote:There's a lot to do in this game and I'm have a lot of fun doing it. I'm just shy of 30 hours in and I'm only on Chapter 5. The City is insanely elaborate.. ninja-ing around and robbing every apartment I can find is great.. The side missions are a blast too. Going back over my fellow Thief-friends' house tonight. Thief party!

30 hours sounds insane? Wow.

Haha yea, I spent a lot of time familiarizing myself with the City and trying to uncover its secrets. I had the most fun with Deadly Shadows once I knew all the ins and outs of the City hubs, so I'm hoping to get this new one down. And like I was saying, I did all the side missions that were available up to my current point.. and I really dig how this game is built. It would just be nice if one was able to view different parts of the map, like street level and roof level, no matter which part you are actually in.. and exits (load screens) should be labeled on the map.. just wait till you get into South Quarter, half the windows are exits.
Wispmage
32-bit

Post by Wispmage »

optmusprimenumber wrote:It would just be nice if one was able to view different parts of the map, like street level and roof level, no matter which part you are actually in.. and exits (load screens) should be labeled on the map
Yeah, I'd definitely agree. I wish they'd mark mission-start portals. I'm thinking I'll be replaying most missions till I'm satisfied with my stats, but I'd rather not have to stumble around blindly till I rediscover them.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

From what I've seen gameplay-wise Dishonored is much more action heavy than Thief.