Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Valkyrie-Favor
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

Post by Valkyrie-Favor »

Journy to Silius! Lucky dog.
Tsun tsun dere tsun dere tsun tsun~ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . UPDATED trade list
noiseredux wrote:Playing on your GBA/PSP you can be watching a movie/TV show/playing another RPG on your TV and then just look at the screen every once in a while
Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

Valkyrie-Favor wrote:Journy to Silius! Lucky dog.

It's fun. :)
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

FiftyDollarCurse wrote:Sega DreamCast system with power cord (no AV cables)
2 standard controllers
3 VMUs
Bundled together for $5.00.

Experience has taught me that when you find a complete system like this you can usually find a few decent games. Scouring the store yesterday turned up nothing but returning this morning I found this:
GRANDIA II - $5.00
Nice Finds! A very good point. I picked up a Gamebike controller and missed out on the Exercise Game Bike the following day.

Demented Collector wrote:<Jaguar Driving Controller>
The main unit of this is massive, it has 2 recesses on its underside with grippy rubber so it can sit on your thighs.
In new condition apart from storage wear to the box.
Cost £3 :)

<N64 Set>
Was pleasantly suprised to find it still available after being advertised for 1 day :)
Boxs are quite worn, only 1 is missing it's manual.
Cost £30 :D
What system does the driving controller hookup to? The plug looks like PS2.

@ FiftyDollarCurse and Demented Collector - Great finds!

Gamestop Finds
The new Resident Evil game just came out and here I am picking up PS2 Horror games. :lol:

PS2 Fatal Frame - $29.99 $17.99
PS2 Fatal Frame III - $29.99 $17.99

I found out about yet another Gamestop promo a few weeks ago. Renew the Power Rewards Card and get a coupon for a Buy Two Get One Free. I was waiting until my card came closer to the expiration date, so decided of all days, yesterday to take the plunge. Talk about timing! These Reprints just went on sale yesterday. I already have Fatal Frame II Crimson Butterfly for over a year and have been holding off purchasing to complete the set due to the price. One thing nice about the reprints being sold used; the Cases, Manuals and Discs are absolutely pristine. The employee couldn't believe how good the disc looked until I relayed the reprint story to him. :mrgreen:

flojocabron posted an informative article on Fatal Frame reprint vs original differences.
Fatal Frame Reprints viewtopic.php?f=26&p=410873#p410873

PS2 Silent Hill 4 The Room - $17.99 Free
I cashed in a rewards coupon that I printed out a month ago, better use it before it expires. I already played the Room with a rental a long time ago, looking forward to plunge thru the tunnel again. 8)

Silent Hill 4 the Room.jpg
Silent Hill 4 the Room.jpg (184.45 KiB) Viewed 848 times

Gamecube Alien Hominid - $4.49
I already have PS2 NTSC Alien Hominid and PS2 PAL Alien Hominid with exclusive features, so why did I buy this? The low production run, the price and the Gamecube version is supposed to run a little cleaner. A lucky find, the price sticker is less then a month old. :mrgreen:

Hardcore Gaming 101 wrote:http://hardcoregaming101.net/alienhominid/alienhominid.htm

The print run for Alien Hominid didn't last very long, with copies originally appearing for 30 dollars, then disappearing altogether within months. The differences between each version are only cosmetic, with the GameCube version running more smoothly at a better frame rate than the Playstation 2 version.

Now if I can only find the European GBA Alien Hominid!
Alien Hominid Gamecube.jpg
Alien Hominid Gamecube.jpg (129.02 KiB) Viewed 848 times

GBA 85% Off Gamestop Finds
I did a sweep of some more local Gamestops after verifying online which stores had what left in stock of GBA games. Passed on a few GBA carts, but I managed to find four decent ones from three different Gamestops. I regret not picking up GBA Sim City 2000, may have to go back for that one.

GBA Marble Madness/Klax - $4.99 $1.13
A couple more arcade games for the portable. Marble Madness could be considered the granddad of Monkeyball in isometric view. Klax is addicting, drop and match colored blocks of three.

GBA Pinobee Wings Of Adventure- $2.99 67¢
Never heard of this game, but something in the fine print below the Activision logo caught my eye. HUDSON! Control a bee in a platformer, climb walls just like Bonk in the TG16. No head bashing but an interesting use of a Dash function to reach various platforms.

GBA Pokemon Pinball - $9.99 $2.25
A Pokeball used as a pinball for capturing Pokemon walking around on the pinball table. A Pokedex can be referenced as Pokemon are captured. Not sure if it links with Gamecube Pokemon Colosseum.

GBA Rayman Advance - $5.99 $1.35
A good transfer of the original PS1 game. With the popularity of Rayman Origins, the employee at Gamestop was surprised to see the cart unsold tucked away in the drawer. Thanks to the Gamestop site search on my computer earlier, I found this local. 8)

The GBA games I have been listing were all found local, but I really wanted to get some hard to find ones at the 85% off price. another go at requesting more games shipped in. This worked in getting me Cubivore, Gotcha Force and GBA Boulder Dash EX. This time a huge list, the store does get busy and may not have time to do all the phone calls.
CRTGAMER wrote:Getting Gamestop to ship in games

This works when you have built up a rapport with the local Gamestop Manager. Past purchases, sharing information and good personal comments in the survey back to Corporate at the Gamestop site. Take care of the employee and they will take care of you and go the extra step.

I searched early in the morning at the Gamestop site before the stores opened for a list of hard to find games. I keyed in random Zip Codes to find the games and then copy pasted the Zip Codes and Phone Numbers for a printout. Any games that I could find three stores, I listed all in case one store was not in stock. I brought the list that same Wednesday morning right when Gamestop opened. Why Wednesday morning? That is when price changes happen and all the Gamestops have a Manager or Senior Employee on the floor who have better pull. The morning calls are crucial especially when calling a Gamestop store back east which are ahead three hours. The earlier the better, before the stores get busy. Some games on my printout could only be found all the way across the states.

The games I hopefully will be getting in a week or so, I'll post in this thread when I get them. All I can say is there are a full set of carts that have a certain plumber character in them and a few other famous game icons. At 85% off and playing either on the go or with a GBA player on the TV with an Arcade stick, why not load up! :D
Attachments
MarbleMadness Klax - Pinobee - Pokemon Pinball - Rayman Advance.jpg
MarbleMadness Klax - Pinobee - Pokemon Pinball - Rayman Advance.jpg (107.06 KiB) Viewed 848 times
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

sgt.flanders
16-bit

Post by sgt.flanders »

Well I finally found a Hudson Super Multi-Tap for a reasonable price on eBay. For $15, you can't go wrong and now I can finally get some 4-Player Top Gear 3000 going. I also got Batman Forever the Arcade Game for the Saturn. It's kind of a tough one to find, so I'm pretty pleased with it, even if it does look awful.

Don't pay the ferryman.
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

CRTGAMER wrote:Not sure if it links with Gamecube Pokemon Stadium.

It does not. I'm not sure how that would even work.
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

CRTGAMER wrote:Lotsa Gamestop Love

Holy shit! You wrote "Gamestop" 28 times in that post. I have no idea what you do for a living, but maybe they'd let you come do some advertising work for them.
harper
Next-Gen

Post by harper »

dsheinem wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:Lotsa Gamestop Love

Holy shit! You wrote "Gamestop" 28 times in that post. I have no idea what you do for a living, but maybe they'd let you come do some advertising work for them.

I don't know what he does either but I think I know where he lives (Gamestop).
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

I wish there were still gba games at my gamestop

these vanished quickly where I live.

I'm guessing that theres still quite some gba games in the larger cities in the us?
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

flojocabron wrote:I wish there were still gba games at my gamestop

these vanished quickly where I live.

I'm guessing that theres still quite some gba games in the larger cities in the us

Most of the Gamestops in my area only have a few GBA carts left if any. One had around twenty games, because of one refund. The employee told me the customer bought games in Texas for a road trip and returned them all right down the street. Oh yeah, was very happy to find a few there! Then there are some stores that leave all the carts buried in a drawer and forgotten. I knew they had them by looking online first, had a pretty good success rate of correct inventory. Did you try having any games shipped in? Try my idea in the previous reply, just might get lucky.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

ejamer
128-bit

Post by ejamer »

CRTGAMER wrote:...
Gamecube Alien Hominid - $4.49
I already have PS2 NTSC Alien Hominid and PS2 PAL Alien Hominid with exclusive features, so why did I buy this? The low production run, the price and the Gamecube version is supposed to run a little cleaner. A lucky find, the price sticker is less then a month old. :mrgreen:

Nice! I've been looking for a copy of a couple of years, and haven't seen one locally yet. (Haven't been looking that hard... but would love to stumble into one someday.)