Let's talk about your NEO GEO collecting + PRICE GUIDES

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: Let's talk about your NEO GEO collecting + PRICE GUIDES

Post by Tanooki »

I had a feeling it was much of that. I've avoided the buying/selling thing on NG, I get the group having lurked there spottily over the last 15 years as I used to refer to it back in the day when I'd still find arcade cabinets and had a NGPC I really dug. I just didn't feel justified ever signing up over a handheld and random arcade use.

I'm not going fast with things, they're just on a personal list is all. I've got the 10 games my system came with and I scooped up a good deal out of mexico on 3 games for under value in a bundle, and then paid lower both individually on League Bowling and Ninja Combat both a big must to me not being on the multicart.

I poke a stick at ebay stuff so far, no luck other than those 2. I just was wondering how far off the reservation ebay is usually due to weirdos with no patience or a fat wallet (if not both.) I have been watching the NG selling forum, not sure someone would sell to me if another Magician Lord or Cyber Lip popped up this coming week as I've been on there a month.

Noticed neostore added a Neo Turf Masters cart that's 'great' with an excellent mini marquee for $85, I'm guessing that they're like $10 over normal as it appears marquees seem to have around a $10 value then going by the spread on that list.
Betagam7
128-bit

Post by Betagam7 »

I finally picked up an original Pocket system for completions sake. I doubt I'll ever play it but I wanted to see what one looked like. The only real difference is a contrast slider. The screen doesn't seem as good as the NGPC's in terms of clarity. Also it's too thin to hold the light magnifier.
Anyway, here it is failing to load up Evolution: Eternal Dungeons.

Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Neat I don't recall the last time I looked at a picture of one of those with a game turned on. It always reminded me too much of the GB Pocket but with a severely crippled list of games that will work.

I really should think more about NGPC if I dare want to go down that rabbit hole again sometime.
Betagam7
128-bit

Post by Betagam7 »

Tanooki wrote:Neat I don't recall the last time I looked at a picture of one of those with a game turned on. It always reminded me too much of the GB Pocket but with a severely crippled list of games that will work.

I really should think more about NGPC if I dare want to go down that rabbit hole again sometime.

I'm going to go through each of my games and test which ones work and which ones produce amusing screens like this.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Could be fun, people used to make a fun job of it with the GBC back in the 90s too due to the hardware changes. I remember seeing early websites documenting the screens.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Guess I'll wake this one up.

It shipped out yesterday, but someone tossed NAM1975 MVS up on ebay for $80 shipped, so given I see dumb people pay like $150 on ebay for it I grabbed it. Cartridge only, decent label, nothing else. It wasn't opened up but it's worth the risk.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Updated all price guides.

Added a new guide.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Thanks for the update, surprised to see you find Ninja Combat for $25. Seems to clear double that easily on ebay but not much north of that. I know I did well on NAM then at $80 shipped.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Tanooki wrote:Thanks for the update, surprised to see you find Ninja Combat for $25. Seems to clear double that easily on ebay but not much north of that. I know I did well on NAM then at $80 shipped.

I never factor in shipping when updating the guides.

Honestly, part of the reason prices are increasing - is too many people do want to include that...that and VAT/Customs; which is a huge reason you'll here the EUROS are to blame for skyrocketing prices. They buy a game for $500 - pay $100 in VAT, and sell it for $600. Cycle repeats. MVS and AES routinely go for 20% more in EURO markets.

Specifically for Ninja Combat - even on ebay (which is going to be the high end of the market) using the 9 completed sales:
$11 (buy now) OG cart w/bad label
$22 (auction)
$46 x 2 (with mini marquee)
$46 (auction) (by a seller in Cyprus who cancels auctions and relists if they don't go as high as he's expecting)
$52 (buy now)
$66 (buy now)
$79 (buy now)
$100 (auction) (with 2 other games; that price guide out to $80 RB2 Newcomers and TPG --- so roughly $20 at auction)

Using auctions - $29
Using buy now - $50
That's just ebay data - and of course the guide accounts for forum sales which are (almost) always lower and using a "buy now" sale is essentially retail.

I mean, I could definitely add to the guide, "If you are looking to buy immediately at retail - add 20-50%", but I think that goes without saying. The guide is designed to show you what to expect to play on a forum or buying from a friend. If we start using retail shops as a guide...we may as well let hit-japan set the market bar.

All that said - I could see a bump on NC, to maybe $20-30, but def. not higher than that. That's exactly where I would sell it at. $20 for a bad label, rough cart, $30 for a nice copy.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Great break down thanks. I had no idea with the VAT, that's not good. I just don't buy from over there at all. My overseas buys have been just AUS so far and a bundle from Mexico both for a really good price. I can totally understand your position with the add upwards of 20-50% due to impatience of ebay and it could be a single sentence but it's a known. Hit-Japan I've seen cursed along with Yamatoku on NG.com. I'm familiar with both with Nintendo stuff and their greed in just this year along has grossly escalated and worse Yamatoku is now forcing the GSP on ebay so even a little GB game has like $20 shipping for a 3oz package which is garbage so I delisted him from a seller I watched and used before.

Between the VAT business, and I think I know who you're talking about with Cyprus and if that chicken is doing that on purchases that's together some really shady crap going on I'm surprised ebay doesn't do anything (with the re-lister.)

I paid $40+shipping for Ninja Combat and it's in pretty decent shape.

The other ebay pickups were:
$145 +28 shipping from Mexico for World Heroes, Mutation Nation and Spinmaster.

The aussie one was:
League Bowling for $30+19 shipping.

From Italy I got a full MVS kit for Neo Turf Masters for $86.16 shipped.
Then there's NAM for $79.95 shipped 4 days ago.

That's my entire ebay experience so far. I'll back off anything that goes really beyond what you've had listed on that meter from bad to great cart only values.

Next on my list is hopefully The Super Spy, Magician Lord, and Cyber Lip as they appear for a solid value. I can wait as long as seems necessary before I'm shooting myself in the foot with an inching upward cost to it.