Disappointed with Mario 25th Anniversary Collection

Discuss the latest happenings in the world of modern old-school
SpaceBooger

Re: Super Mario All-Stars Wii ?

Post by SpaceBooger »

Ziggy587 wrote:
SuperAnthony64 wrote:Its an anniversary collection for 30 dollars with a mario book, soundtrack, and 4 games. It would cost 21dollars alone on the virtual console to own all these games and for 9 dollars more you get goodies. Not bad IMO.

It was $32 on Amazon when I bought the pre-order for it. I'm not sure what the deal is, but it was $52 the other day and $48 when I checked just now. I didn't even get it yet, it says "Not yet shipped - Delivery Estimate: December 20, 2010 - December 23, 2010" in my order history. :?

What was wrong with the other 25th Mario Anniversary argument thread?

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=26083

Nothing.
They are now merged.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

Re: Disappointed with Mario 25th Anniversary Collection

Post by Mod_Man_Extreme »

Ziggy587 wrote:
the7k wrote:
Ziggy587 wrote:I bought the preorder of it on Amazon when the price was like $35, now I see the price is $52. It also tells me 'Not yet shipped Delivery Estimate: December 20, 2010 - December 23' :(

You're better off than me - they told me it won't be until sometime after Dec 25.

What's the deal with that? They didn't have enough copies? Also, what's the deal with the price fluctuation? It was $52 then, but it's $48 now. Weird? They don't seem to be asking me for any more money though.

It's the same as the Metroid collection last year, but now people are wise to it.

We had 25 pre-orders at my store..........we got 29 copies total.
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

The only reason I got a copy is to keep it sealed, actually. Mostly because it was only $35 (when I bought it) so I figured, "Why not?" I'm not bashing what Nintendo is releasing here, but it doesn't appeal to me at all. I have All-Stars for SNES and if I wanna listen to the soundtracks or look at pictures... well, that's what the internet is for!
xan_racketBOY_fan
Next-Gen

Post by xan_racketBOY_fan »

Inazuma wrote:I haven't been able to buy a single Virtual Console title (because I don't want to support that business model), so when I heard about this I happily bought it on day one.

I don't own the Super Famicom version but even if I did, I would have bought the Wii version.

The Mario All-Stars on my Wii isn't an official VC release, hence the "injected" term.
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

xan_racketBOY_fan wrote:
Inazuma wrote:I haven't been able to buy a single Virtual Console title (because I don't want to support that business model), so when I heard about this I happily bought it on day one.

I don't own the Super Famicom version but even if I did, I would have bought the Wii version.

The Mario All-Stars on my Wii isn't an official VC release, hence the "injected" term.

Did you do it yourself or DL it?
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
xan_racketBOY_fan
Next-Gen

Post by xan_racketBOY_fan »

D.D.D. wrote:
xan_racketBOY_fan wrote:

Did you do it yourself or DL it?

Can't say I did it myself :) It runs perfectly and even has a great channel, too.

Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

I have a question for any one that bought the Anniversary Collection.

The outer box is not sealed in plastic, it just has the round stickers on the top and bottom flap (like a PC game). Is this correct? I suspect so since it has a little door flap thing, you wouldn't be able to open the flap if it was sealed up. Inside the outer box, is there is a DVD case for the game? And is the DVD case sealed in plastic?
D.D.D.
Next-Gen

Post by D.D.D. »

Ziggy587 wrote:I have a question for any one that bought the Anniversary Collection.

The outer box is not sealed in plastic, it just has the round stickers on the top and bottom flap (like a PC game). Is this correct? I suspect so since it has a little door flap thing, you wouldn't be able to open the flap if it was sealed up. Inside the outer box, is there is a DVD case for the game? And is the DVD case sealed in plastic?

If the US version is the same as the JP version, then the outer red package is not sealed and both DVD cases inside are plastic-wrapped.
 (FC, AVFC, NES, SFC x2, SNES, N64, GC x2, Wii x2)*(G&W x7, GB, GBpocket, GBASP, DS-L x2)
(GEN, SS x3, DC x3)*(PCE-Duo)*(Xbox:500GB)*(NGCDZ, NGPC)*(PS1, PStwo, PS3:160GB, PSP.3K)
ZeroAX
Next-Gen

Post by ZeroAX »

The EU version had 2 stickers to seal the flaps but I don't remember the 2 DVD cases being sealed. I could be wrong though.
BoneSnapDeez wrote:The success of a console is determined by how much I enjoy it.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

That would really suck if the DVD cases weren't sealed. I actually only bought a copy to keep sealed (figured it was only $30 - it might be nice to have a sealed copy years later) but if the DVD cases aren't sealed it kinda defeats the purpose of having a "factory sealed" game.