Puyo Puyo Tetris

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Re: Puyo Puyo Tetris

Post by alienjesus »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
PartridgeSenpai wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:Who else picked up/downloaded this one? I'm LOVING it. I'm pretty good at Tetris, but I'm AWFUL at Puyo Puyo, so it's been interesting how I'll go from easily getting three stars in one level to barely scraping out two stars or only getting one star on the very next level.

Maybe you'll have more patience than me to get better, but I actually couldn't beat the game because of this. The Puyo X Tetris mode is SO hard, and the last couple worlds are full of it, and the AI is just too darn good :?

I do not intend to admit defeat. Even if I have to do the Puyo Puyo training stuff or look up Puyo Puyo strategies online. I WILL DECREASE MY SUCKITUDE AT PUYO PUYO!

Puyo Puyo games are HAAAAAAARRRDDD.

Puyo Puyo Tsuu almost broke me when I beat that. Pretty sure I had well over 100 game overs in that one. Never have I seemed more pathetic a man than when screaming at that stupid chibi dragon girl on my TV because I hated her so much.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Yeah puyo puyo can be tough, but it is super important to know you characters shape setup. There is a reason each character has certain shapes appear in an order and that helps determine what your combo setups are gonna be.

Knowing this will help tackle the harder elements. I beat puyo pop fever on the ds and that was hard!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

Looks interesting.

I like Puyo Puyo games in theory but find them completely unplayable.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:Yeah puyo puyo can be tough, but it is super important to know you characters shape setup. There is a reason each character has certain shapes appear in an order and that helps determine what your combo setups are gonna be.

Knowing this will help tackle the harder elements. I beat puyo pop fever on the ds and that was hard!

Is this a thing in the old ones, or just the newer Sega releases?

I have beaten these ones:
Puyo Puyo (PCE CD)
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (MD)
Kirby's Ghost Trap (SNES)
Super Puyo Puyo Tsuu Remix (SFC)

I've also played the Puyo Puyo mode thats in Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX for 3DS. I own 3D Puyo Puyo Tsuu on 3DS too, but I'm not ready to try and beat that one again just yet :lol:. I recently picked up Puyo Pop Fever for Gamecube, but not played that one yet. I plan to purchase Puyo Puyo Tetris this week.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Puyo Puyo Sun on Saturn is the best installment, IMO, but I am clearly biased.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

Sun and Dr Robotnix are the only two I have beaten.

My biggest complain with Puyo/Tetris is that I want a dpad instead of a stick, that and my Puyo skills are super rusty.

That said, I am looking at teardowns of the joycon to see if i can wire one up to an arcade stick or buttons. Puyo/Tetris and in a cab would be killer.

Edit:
To clarify I prefer a dpad to a stick in puzzle games, but an Arcade stick is a close second.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

I know that puzzle games aren't really about being "beaten" per se, but is there a "campaign" mode or some such for this one that I can finish? If so, I'll probably pick it up for the Switch for that reason and then play score chasing or vs modes for fun afterwards...
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

dsheinem wrote:I know that puzzle games aren't really about being "beaten" per se, but is there a "campaign" mode or some such for this one that I can finish? If so, I'll probably pick it up for the Switch for that reason and then play score chasing or vs modes for fun afterwards...

Yes there is a campaign mode with a convoluted story.

fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
dsheinem wrote:I know that puzzle games aren't really about being "beaten" per se, but is there a "campaign" mode or some such for this one that I can finish? If so, I'll probably pick it up for the Switch for that reason and then play score chasing or vs modes for fun afterwards...

Yes there is a campaign mode with a convoluted story.

And a borderline racist Catfishman