PaRappa The Rappa Remastered

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Re: PaRappa The Rappa Remastered

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Yeah they used the psp in-game options menu I guess (level select, load/save, practice etc ) and the codecs are all from ps1/psp.

But the main title screen and the actual game screens are all beautiful HD and re-drawn. I'm on the fence on if the ps+ price of $11.99 was worth it - I'd probably wait for a sale (certainly better than msrp for psp or ps1 game though).
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Started up PaRappa the Rapper 2 (they don't capitalize the T anymore :( ) and worked through the first song. There's a nice little "practice" session to start, which is really like "figure out any lag" and now it more clearly stamps where you pressed the button so you can see how to adjust better.

I may pause this, however, and go get Um Jammer Lammy on PSN. The original PaRappa was never made a PSOne Classic, but UJL was.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Hello and welcome to my PaRappa blog.

I like Um Jammer Lammy - I totally dig the guitar and the game is more deep than PtR. I like the first four songs although it's hard to make out the lyrics as you're intensely watching the screen for your parts. The last two levels I've made it to (tree cutter and the concert) are awful songs, seemingly made to just be challenging for the sake of challenge. Weird melodies that aren't catchy at all.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Um Jammer Lammy stages down, rolled the credits but there's some open content as you now get to play as PaRappa with his own story (same play levels).

Also lot of vs or co-op options which is cool. They really ramped up the content after the first PaRappa.