How do you primarily plan to use the Switch?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii

How do you primarily plan to use the Switch?

Connected to the TV
38%
As a Portable
21%
A Near-Equal Usage of Both
29%
Still Uncertain
13%

Total votes: 24

dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Re: How do you primarily plan to use the Switch?

Post by dunpeal2064 »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:The real question we should be asking is, how many people will be using it on the toilet?

Goes without saying, hell I play my ps4 on the toilet.
Jmustang1968
Next-Gen

Post by Jmustang1968 »

Mostly to the TV, more of the family console.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

I have made it a point to play every console on the toilet. I admit, using the 5200 trackball was a bit awkward.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

I think mostly as a portable. I probably won't even hook it up to the TV at first, it's always such a production to rearrange things in my entertainment center. Yes, I know that it is only a production because I make it so, but I can't help but clean and organize any time I make an addition or subtraction.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Sarge
Next-Gen

Post by Sarge »

Both. I've got a relatively new 50" TV that I'm still thrilled to run through its paces, but I'll also want to do some gaming before bedtime. It will likely travel with me as well, as long as I have stuff that I'm actively playing.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

I mean, I'll definitely use it as both, but it'll be primarily on TV. I reckon my split will be 80/20 or 85/15 between docked/portable.
Patron Saint of Bitch Mode
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I honestly don't know. Initially it will be plugged into the TV but I think it would just kind of depend on the mood and situation at the time. If my kid is watching tv and I need to head into the other room while in use it's getting undocked. Would I take it on vacation? Nope, too fragile/expensive for me to toss around like a Gameboy or a DS. I could see taking it around a bit local depending though. Given I don't want to buy accessories for it, docked probably would be more often than not possibly if anything just to keep the joycons charged.

I'm fortunate where it will be plugged in either way isn't a problem or setup either. Last year found this nice old Sony stereo media late 80s wood rack and I have the top cleared. Just to the right the TV has a HDMI switcher box in easy range and just below on the floor is the power strip so it's a matter of under a minute of work to set it up or break it down.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Connected to the TV
Reprise
Next-Gen

Post by Reprise »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:The real question we should be asking is, how many people will be using it on the toilet?

I've already used the Wii U on the toilet many a times... Now thanks to the awesome power of Switch, I won't have to have the console flat on the floor as I bend over on the toilet whilst playing, just to ensure the connection doesn't get cut :lol:
Own: Sega Mega Drive, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Playstation 1, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PS Vita, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, Nintendo New 3DS, Nintendo Switch

My gaming blog: https://366gamestoplay.wordpress.com

PSN ID: Anesthetize666
Nintendo Switch ID: SW-8077-5145-0328
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Reprise wrote:

I've already used the Wii U on the toilet many a times... Now thanks to the awesome power of Switch, I won't have to have the console flat on the floor as I bend over on the toilet whilst playing, just to ensure the connection doesn't get cut :lol:

We are bathroom brothers in this!
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.