Nintendo DS hidden gems?

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Re: Nintendo DS hidden gems?

Post by Gunstar Green »

I wish someone would translate Chōsōjū Mecha MG. I never hear anyone talk about that one but it's a really fun game with great use of the touch screen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ch%C5%8Ds% ... B_Mecha_MG
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Post by Jagosaurus »

Lock's Quest was completely under the radar for me... RTS/Tower Defense/RPG... all in hand drawn, 16 bit style graphics.
AmishSamurai
Next-Gen

Post by AmishSamurai »

Lost Magic- its an RTS for the DS. It also has a neat magic system where you draw runes to cast spells. It eases you into the RTS aspects, so don't worry.

Avalon Code- the world is going to end, and you're given a magical book to archive as much of it as possible to build the next one. You also can use the book to change aspects of monsters and bosses you fight. Neat little action RPG, definitely worth R4ing.

Infinite Space- its an RPG with spaceships. A bit flawed, but has enough unique ideas you should give it a look.

Pokemon Conquest- its hard to call a first-party title "Hidden" but this one wasn't talked about much and I feel unrightly so.

There's also a really good compilation port of both Umihara Kawase games I'd take a look at.

EDIT: I'd also add in Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light, Glory of Heracles, Magical Starsign, Okamiden, Nine Hours Nine Persons Nine Doors, Radiant Historia. There's also updated ports of SaGa 2 and 3, with fan translations out there.
MrPopo wrote:The life lesson here is jobs will come and go, but Earthbound will always be there for you.

I'm a girl btw
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

AmishSamurai wrote:Okamiden

That one is getting a definite playthrough once I get through my pre-exsisting playthrough...I finally broke down and got that one from gamestop a few days ago...(thankfully it was complete ;) )

While we're on the subject of hidden gems metaljesus has a few vids on that which do look like interesting games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3awqyNXocoA (3 part series so far from what I recall and several good ones I want to pick up...)
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Nintendo DS Hidden Gems: Part One, Two, and Three by Metal Jesus.
Metal Jesus
128-bit

Post by Metal Jesus »

Ziggy587 wrote:Nintendo DS Hidden Gems: Part One, Two, and Three by Metal Jesus.

I was hoping somebody would post those! :)
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

Metal Jesus wrote:
Ziggy587 wrote:Nintendo DS Hidden Gems: Part One, Two, and Three by Metal Jesus.

heh hey Metal Jesus I actually posted this thread after watching your vids, I was hoping we could delve even deeper into the massive DS library and really find some obscure gems that were not mentioned in your video, also could you do a video on some DS games worth importing?
Exhuminator
Next-Gen

Post by Exhuminator »

Here's some obscure stuff:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2008/11/27/ ... mes?page=1

Some of them might be gems, I dunno.
PLAY KING'S FIELD.
darsparx
Next-Gen

Post by darsparx »

Metal Jesus wrote:

Why wouldn't we :P though I wonder if you post about them are they really hidden gems anymore? :lol:
My gameroom
My systems: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, original gba, gba sp(001), ds lite, 3ds, vita, psp, PSone(101 model) ps2, ps3(320gb model), ps4, retron 5, and Dreamcast.

bogusmeatfactory wrote:Ever feel like a wild gazelle in the wilderness?
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Is the Diddy Kong Racing DS reboot really f'd because of the stylus use? Was contemplating getting that.