Mighty No. 9 - Keiji Inafune / comcept kicksarter project

Anything that is gaming related that doesn't fit well anywhere else
Menegrothx
Next-Gen

Re: Mighty No. 9 - Keiji Inafune / comcept kicksarter projec

Post by Menegrothx »

brunoafh wrote:This is the first ever Kickstarter project I have ever been excited about, or even cared about for that matter. I went with the $60 and really hope this whole thing materializes. It is really exciting to see big names hop on board with this concept.

The big names hopped aboard way before this. Bethesda, Chris Avellone, Brian Fargo, Chris Roberts, Al Lowe, Richard Garriott, Tom Hall, John Romero...
jfrost wrote:I realize it's just a concept at this point, but it does look great and a natural progression for Mega Man.

I think a third person corridor shooter with light JRPG elements and 3D polygon graphics would be the natural path to follow, after being limited by the hardware when crafting the original Mega Man 64 and Mega Man Legends games
My WTB thread (Sega CD/Saturn games)
Also looking to buy: Ys III (TG-16 CD), Shadowrun (Genesis) Hori N64 mini pad and Slayer (3DO) in long box/just the long box
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

Mega Man Legends is very much a spin off.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

yes because we really need more Mega Man/Mega Man style games :roll:
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

Why is this even a kickstarter? You'd think Inafune would have enough pull to have a publisher back him.

Of course it is easier to get free money with very little (any?) restrictions. :roll:
Menegrothx
Next-Gen

Post by Menegrothx »

dsheinem wrote:yes because we really need more Mega Man/Mega Man style games :roll:

Because there have been so many of them during this console generation. Mega Man 9, Mega Man 10, Super Meat Boy...the VVVVV games? That's all I can think of, unless there's some obscure indy games in the Mega Man style/design, like I wanna be the Guy or something.

There are A LOT of people who would like to see a proper new Mega Man game, rather than some shitty spin offs. It's not like the current gaming gen is full of games like Mega Man so I don't see what's so bad about getting new Mega Man games, when the best games in the series are some of the best platformers of all time and masterful examples of excellent game design.
Opa Opa wrote:Why is this even a kickstarter? You'd think Inafune would have enough pull to have a publisher back him.

Just like all the other developers I mentioned. Because publishers don't want to fund some genres nowadays. Like platformers or oldschool RPGs. They can't get funding for that stuff despite the demand, because it's deemed "too risky" or "irrelevant" in today's gaming market.
And getting rid of publisher means that there is no authority telling you how to make your game, with publisher there's a possibility that you can't actually make the game you want, but rather the game they think will sell the best.
My WTB thread (Sega CD/Saturn games)
Also looking to buy: Ys III (TG-16 CD), Shadowrun (Genesis) Hori N64 mini pad and Slayer (3DO) in long box/just the long box
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

dsheinem wrote:yes because we really need more Mega Man/Mega Man style games :roll:

Do we actually need games of any style?
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

jfrost wrote:

yes. shmups.
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

dsheinem wrote:
jfrost wrote:

yes. shmups.

In hindsight, it was a foolish question.
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

About as much as we need more FPS games.

But really. Yes. I need more Mega Man style games, injected into my blood stream, if possible.
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Shoo Dave, shoo. :lol:

Seriously though, it's just one of those things you're either addicted to or you're not.

I personally don't understand why people need more Pokemon games myself but I get that some people are bonkers for it. It's the same with Mega Man and any franchise really.

I've been wanting a game like this that isn't just an 8-bit throwback-graphics game for the entirety of this generation. This is the sort of thing a lot of Mega Man fans have been aching for but hasn't been delivered.