GameCube Hidden Gems

Post game-related video clips here
Metal Jesus
128-bit

Re: GameCube Hidden Gems

Post by Metal Jesus »

Cronozilla wrote:Gotcha Force (Kind of stupid expensive)

I am really trying to find a reasonable priced copy of this game...but man, it's way too expensive! So annoying!
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Post by Cronozilla »

If you happen to find a GameStop with a copy (it will be disk only) it'll be like $3. No joke.
Boyward
16-bit

Post by Boyward »

Pac-Man Vs.
Metal Jesus
128-bit

Post by Metal Jesus »

Cronozilla wrote:If you happen to find a GameStop with a copy (it will be disk only) it'll be like $3. No joke.

I did a hundred miles search within the Seattle area... of probably 30+ stores and none of them had the game. Gotcha Force is getting pretty hard to find.

I finally did find a copy at a local retro gaming store...but it was in the back and forgotten and not even on the store shelves. Snagged it quick!
oxymoron
Next-Gen

Post by oxymoron »

You should do PSP part 3. You gotta include Dead Head Fred though.
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Post by Cronozilla »

Metal Jesus wrote:
Cronozilla wrote:If you happen to find a GameStop with a copy (it will be disk only) it'll be like $3. No joke.

I did a hundred miles search within the Seattle area... of probably 30+ stores and none of them had the game. Gotcha Force is getting pretty hard to find.

I finally did find a copy at a local retro gaming store...but it was in the back and forgotten and not even on the store shelves. Snagged it quick!

Well, that's good news.

If only I could find one too
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

There were some sour grapes around here saying that those of us scrambling to snag copies of Gotcha Force right when it first became expensive were wasting out time, because that price jump was only going to be temporary. Most memorably:
dsheinem wrote:
diesel_dan wrote: Are we sure this game is all that rare? :

No, and the attention paid this game is complete and utter bollocks. Even if it isn't "widely available" there's certainly not much demand for it. Complete copies on eBay are closing unsold listed at $15-20, though I did find one copy that sold for $19.99. There are half a dozen or so on Amazon for about $35, most of which have been sitting there for a while. $12 is probably a fair deal by a few bucks, but it certainly isn't some great "find of the day". :wink: A ton of folks have also, like you, found copies at their local Gamestops. Cubivore this is not.

They were correct at first: the initial price jump only lasted a month or two. However, it became expensive again last December and hasn't really gone down yet. It's currently sitting at about the same level as Cubivore. I'm glad I bought it when I did.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Metal Jesus wrote:

Great Find, congrats! I did not realize Gotcha Force spiked up so high. Back when Gamestop was winding down Gamecube games I had Cubivore and Gotcha Force shipped in from various parts of the country. To play it safe the Manager called multiple stores to ensure CIB copies would arrive, three came in so I ended up buying two CIBs and a third copy missing a manual! To think I was ready not to buy the extras back then at three bucks each!

Probably a long shot today, but currently at ten bucks compared to crazy online prices might be worth the search. Go to the Gamestop site and punch in random zip codes. This is how I find games all the way across the states. If you find one ask the local manager to call and have the game shipped to your local Gamestop. :idea:

http://www.gamestop.com/gc/games/gotcha-force-used/31268

Note the $29.99 used YELLOW sticker. The game was forgotten buried in a Ohio Gamestop Drawer since 2006 when my California Gamestop called back in 2012. The store at the time had five copies, only one was CIB. I should have requested all five, maybe there might be four more back there?

Last edited by CRTGAMER on Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

oh man, Gotcha Force fever again. I thought that wore off last year. Haha. So... I'm still curious - is it even a good game, or is it just something everyone wants because it's hard to find?
Metal Jesus
128-bit

Post by Metal Jesus »

CRTGAMER wrote:To play it safe the Manager called multiple stores to ensure CIB copies would arrive, I ended up buying two CIBs and a third copy missing a manual! To think I was ready not to buy the extras back then at three bucks each!

My copy did not come with a manual, and I have to say that Gotcha Force is one of the few games were you really need the manual because there isn't a tutorial in the game! I was reading FAQs and watching Let's Plays to figure out some of the nuances of the game.

If you wanna sell an extra manual, I would much appreciate it :)