Ibara Hi-Score Thread

2D Shooters Invade
mjmjr25

Re: Ibara Hi-Score Thread

Post by mjmjr25 »

Hmmm, I don't have any sort of auto-bomb or any other bomb going on yet. 3 hits and i'm done - no bomb, no bomb option?

Also, only one character option - Bond. Pierrot mentioned 2 choices?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

When you get hit you dont explode? Can you take a quick vid?

2nd ship is just for player 2.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Oh, I got ya - yeah, when I die I bomb I guess, so sorta like a suicide bomb. Not a very effective play strategy though.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

No not at all.

I think when pierot is saying bomb he means bullet cancel.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Ok, learning more, learning more.

The gold things you grab, those seem to be chained and increase in value the more you grab (and the less you miss, etc). By mid stage 2 they've gone from 200 in value to 900.

There has to be something with the flower collecting, but i'm not watching my score when I grab them, so gotta figure that out.

This game is tough.

Yes, you can save up "bombs", if you fill your meter (both lines) you'll get a bomb, which is like an extra time to cancel w/o having to pick up cancel items. Meaning, you can get to the first boss w/3 bombs if you will, 3x that you can cancel bullets.

EDIT, posting a score:

937,900 - mjmjr25 - stage 2 boss - PCB
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

SCORES UPDATED

yeah this def feels like one of the more old school CAVE games I've played. Definitely difficult, but no doubt fun as hell.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

I got really confused, so I threw the game in. Got 861,090 on second stage. So, now I know why you guys are calling the bomb a bullet cancel. Yeah, the bomb turns bullets (I think of the enemies you hit with it) into roses for points, but the character should be yelling "Bomber!" ever time you're using the bomb. That bomb that happens when you die isn't related to your bomb stock at all, it's just a bonus from dying.

I guess I'll start from zero: The bomb items show up on the ground, and the little bullet shaped icons that float down are main weapon power-ups. There are also some turret shaped icons that give you little pods, and they come in a bunch of different varieties. (Machine gun, flamethrower, etc.) It's all about rank, have to find good point areas to keep at it in this one.

Also, in the settings, in arcade mode, there's an option for fighter type, and four different types. Mostly it changes the type of bomb. Type C is a chaser type bomb, and Type D bombs in a circle around your fighter. Can't remember what B does, but A is just a straight ahead bomb. You can use then second ship by playing as the second play, but I haven't tried it yet/don't know if you can do it with one controller.

EDIT: Okay, so if you switch your controller to the second port you can play as ship 2. The walkthrough recommends p1 Type C and p2 Type D.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Oh, forgot to mention.

This game is hard.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

Yeah, it really is.

So, there's a bunch of medals in the warehouses in the first stage if you bomb them. Also, if you let one go, and there's another one of the same value on the screen, as long as you grab the second one, your chain won't be reset.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Yep, medals are huge, had 'em up to 2K apiece at the end of stage 2 and did something that triggered a rush of 'em.

I really hope there are extends at every million or something - put in at least 10 runs tonight, never got past stage 2 boss. This is the toughes stage 1 boss in a CAVE game i've seen. The stage 2 boss is like a stage 4 or 5 boss in most CAVE games. Just brutal. Love it.