The Evil Within

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
CavZee
Next-Gen

Re: The Evil Within

Post by CavZee »

Menegrothx wrote:
Opa Opa wrote:What? It does kind of remind me of re6... And 6 was a fun game; not seeing an issue here.

It's not survival horror though, hence any kind of resemblance between it and this are automatically bad

Even as a pure breach and clear third person shooter it wasn't very enjoyable to me.

I will say that RE6 is probably the scariest game I've ever played. It leaves a lasting impact on me even now. Thinking about the cover makes me cringe. Seeing the ad for some RE movie inside the case instead of an instruction manual makes me shudder. Imagining trying to complete the game makes me sick to the stomach.

>_>
Steam/NNID: CavZee PSN: I_CavZee_I
3DS FC: 5456-0768-7231
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

Ack wrote:I'm also a bit tired of insane asylums.

How about a hospital, sewer, elementary school, or a police station instead? Y'know, something original. :P
Ack

Post by Ack »

Opa Opa wrote:
Ack wrote:I'm also a bit tired of insane asylums.

How about a hospital, sewer, elementary school, or a police station instead? Y'know, something original. :P

Well, I suppose at least it's not some unnamed Middle Eastern country.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Well, this looks pretty RE1-2 the most to me. Wonder if the whole game takes place in that building, but you got a hint of some high tech rooms, I won't be surprised (and would love) if once again later in the game you end up going deeper and deeper down into crazy experimental labs with some dashes of sci-fi thrown in.

It's Mikami, so I'm sure this won't be something that'll give you nightmares, but it'll probably have awesome atmosphere and top notch gameplay.

This and Mighty No. 9, Capcom has to be shitting bricks right now.
graffix_13
64-bit

Post by graffix_13 »

CavZee wrote:I will say that RE6 is probably the scariest game I've ever played. It leaves a lasting impact on me even now. Thinking about the cover makes me cringe. Seeing the ad for some RE movie inside the case instead of an instruction manual makes me shudder. Imagining trying to complete the game makes me sick to the stomach.

>_>

:lol:

I read that first sentence and was like "wha...?" then I finished your post.
wclem
Next-Gen

Post by wclem »

It is here, what are your thoughts?
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
bryan_65
Next-Gen

Post by bryan_65 »

This is the only PS4/XBO game I have read one sentence about, looking forward to everyone's thoughts.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Reviews for this game are confusing. It sounds like they are describing 10 different games. If it was like RE 4, I would buy it, but it sounds like only parts of the game are.

I don't like too many survival horror games, but the ones I do I LOVE. RE 4 was one of those games, and so was Eternal Darkness
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
wclem
Next-Gen

Post by wclem »

Gonna start it tonight, I will report back when I feel I have played enough to judge it. May not be tonight though, only have a short window to play.
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
Ghudda
128-bit

Post by Ghudda »

I played the demo at Quakecon this year, died a whole lot, and didn't get very far. But it was extremely atmospheric and terrifying so i'm looking forward to what you all say as well. It's really hard to depict whether or not a survival horror game is worth buying just purely by what review sites say so I don't really want to go off what sites like Kotaku and Polygon say.
B/S/TCollectionYouTube

test3