To the Moon

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Stark
Next-Gen

Re: To the Moon

Post by Stark »

deathsled wrote:I felt like an idiot for not knowing the girl's condition the entire time. I really don't think it was covered properly. I didn't know what was up with her until after I beat the game and was reading some people's impressions of it.

What was it?
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
deathsled
128-bit

Post by deathsled »

Stark wrote:
deathsled wrote:I felt like an idiot for not knowing the girl's condition the entire time. I really don't think it was covered properly. I didn't know what was up with her until after I beat the game and was reading some people's impressions of it.

What was it?

spoiler...
she's autistic
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Yeah I didn't get that either, they said something about a pervasive developmental disorder, which if you google/bing does come up with the answer.

Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

I think they expected players to have some familiarity with her condition so they never came right out and said it. If you saw where the money for the soundtrack was going to that kind of gives it away.

I suppose if one's never been exposed to that in real life, it might be confusing understanding what was wrong with her
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Stark wrote:We're treating this thread as spoilered right?

So, one thing I didn't get, was why Joey suddenly got to live, if River was removed? Also, why did the young John not like olives, but he did later?

It's kind of hard to explain and some parts of the story are probably open to interpretation. From what I remember, this is how I understand it. His desire to go to the moon was really a desire to re-unite with River(which becomes clear when you see the flashback to their first meeting). That desire was tied to some guilt and regret over the hardship in their marriage and guilt and regret over the manner of her death, which are all things that were tied to him forgetting the first night they met, the loss of that memory being tied to the aftereffects of his brother's death. It's all sort of connected.

Also, Rosalene didn't feel that it was possible to fulfill his desire to re-unite with River, instead she decided to fulfill his literal desire, to go the moon, in order to fulfill their contract. His brother being alive helped keep him motivated to fulfill that goal of joining NASA and going to the moon, and River not being in his life kept him from getting distracted from that goal. So she removed River from his memories and added new memories of his brother living(though she did this with the hope that his love for River would somehow re-introduce her into the new memory timeline she created for him)

I think you could also argue that removing the memory of him meeting River, would essentially rewrite the timeline of his memories, meaning his brother wouldn't have died. It's that whole idea of changing one thing in a time line and having other events play out completely differently as a result

The olive thing I interpreted as John's way, perhaps subconsciously, of remembering his brother. That's why he started liking olives, the way his brother used to

Re-reading my post I realize it probably sounds pretty confusing :lol:
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
KDub
Next-Gen

Post by KDub »

Yeah nailed it on the head.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Gamerforlife wrote:Re-reading my post I realize it probably sounds pretty confusing :lol:

Um, nope, made sense to me! :lol:

Yeah with the olive thing at first I thought that maybe Joey lived and John died and Joey had taken John's identity for some reason and that's why his mom still called him Joey. But I eventually came to the same conclusion as you.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

:lol:

Glad to see the next game will be keeping in the spirit of the original

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... t=1&ref=nf
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

That's terrible.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »