SF4 first screenshot

Brawlers and Beatemups
RyanDG
8-bit

Post by RyanDG »

http://www.destructoid.com/rumor-new-in ... 8045.phtml

Two new screens and game details appeared on Destructoid courtesy of a brazilian gaming blog.

Game details are rumors right now until verified (they seem like they could be correct and br blog's source claims they are).

The screens are too real to be faked.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

they don't look faked, but it also looks less like a game I would want to play...
RadarScope1
Next-Gen

Post by RadarScope1 »

Wow. Looks cool.

I'm sure it'll hit arcades in Japan and to a certain extent America. Do you guys think they'll bring it to both PS3 and 360? What about Wii? That shot looks a little above what the Wii can do, to my eyes.
gradualmeltdown
128-bit

Post by gradualmeltdown »

IMO there is no reason to create it for Wii. Games with no IR or motion sensing should stick to PS2 or current gen hardware IMO. Considering Virtua Fighter 5 on Xbox360 and how well it works online I would assume Live would be the best. PS3 is a likely choice if only for the Japanese release. PS3 may not be selling like crazy there, but its no XBOX 360.

Still early and a few things I don't like in the screens. However I'm tired of reading about how this isn't enough like SF3 T.S. and the loss of the parry system. God forbid they build a different, new, possibly better fighting engine. I'm sick of formulaic sequels that only build upon the last build. Funny to hear Capcom king of the minor upgrade berated for trying something different.
I like old games
I like new games
I like games
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

GagaMan
128-bit

Post by GagaMan »

Them rumored new details smell fake to me. Almost going out of their way to piss off the hardcore fans, espcially Street Fighter II fans like me, as those detials make it sound like they're pretending the 3rd series never happened. Also, Sheng Long was a hoax character by the magazine EGM.

Those new screens don't really do it for me. Ryu looks fine by Ken looks a bit pants, to be honest.
RyanDG
8-bit

Post by RyanDG »

GagaMan wrote:Also, Sheng Long was a hoax character by the magazine EGM.

Yep. He started that way. However, this wouldn't be the first time that Capcom "attempted" to put Sheng Long in the game. Over on the SRK forums, one of the people involved in the development of Street Fighter The Movie The Game actually went over a whole breakdown of how Sheng Long almost appeared in that game (and would have if it wasn't for a series of unforeseen changes).

I'm not sure about the game details. They sound iffy, but they did have the screenshots to back them up. It'll be interesting to see what happens.
marurun

Post by marurun »

The Wii has a classic controller that might work quite well for fighters, so don't rule it out as a potential platform for this game. Also, with it being 2.5D, the graphics can be made quite pretty without having to tax the hardware. Limit camera angles and you can do some neat selective rendering, too, to keep processing load down.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
kinn
64-bit

Post by kinn »

racketboy wrote:they don't look faked, but it also looks less like a game I would want to play...

Agreed. The new pics are kind of putting me off. The first pic was good. Guess I shouldnt be too worried since its still being worked on.

And that pic posted here by Mozgus :lol: :lol: :lol:
360 Gamer Tag = Kinn, PS3 Tag = xKINNx, Wii = 3036 8283 1247 3110
Overdosed on Gaming
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

marurun wrote:Most of the early 3D fighters were, aside from flashy camera angles, effectively 2D, or, as we now call that sorta thing, 2.5D. I'd say Virtua Fighter and VF2 are both tourney quality 2.5D fighters.

Ok, let me rephrase the question....

Is there any fast, tournament-worthy 2.5D fighters?
I have yet to see even 3D fighters that move at quite the speed that most expert 2D players compete at...