Resident Evil 6

RTS, FPS, Sports, Adventure, etc.
Opa Opa

Re: Resident Evil 6

Post by Opa Opa »

You know, I've never really cared for Chris. Even in the first game I'll play as Jill.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Opa Opa wrote:You know, I've never really cared for Chris. Even in the first game I'll play as Jill.

She IS the master of unlocking.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

MrPopo wrote:
Opa Opa wrote:You know, I've never really cared for Chris. Even in the first game I'll play as Jill.

Then why did I have to collect the Mansion Keys?

Answer: Video game logic. DON'T QUESTION IT!
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Post by EvilRyu2099 »

Opa Opa wrote:Yeah, I noticed the darkness too. Even with the in-game brightness all the way up it was still difficult to see anything.

I'm playing on a standard definition tv though. That might be part of my problem.

I'll pick the game up whenever it goes down to $20 with all the dlc on the disc. I'm not in any hurry to buy the game.

You know what I noticed the default brightness for DOA 5 was dark as well.. Using a Samsung 32 inch LCD HD TV here.. Seems to be a problem for very recent HD console releases..
PSN: GoTigers9999
Live: Iori8000
Nintendo:Iori9999 3DS Friend Code: 4012-3366-0941
My Twitch stream channel!
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Post by EvilRyu2099 »

MrPopo wrote:

She also has Barry beasting for her! :lol:
PSN: GoTigers9999
Live: Iori8000
Nintendo:Iori9999 3DS Friend Code: 4012-3366-0941
My Twitch stream channel!
Ack

Post by Ack »

EvilRyu2099 wrote:
MrPopo wrote:

She also has Barry beasting for her! :lol:

He just wanted to make sure she wasn't a Jill sandwich.

So anyway, beyond the darkness...thoughts? Criticisms? Does the Leon campaign feel like a survival horror game, or is this too similar to RE5?
KillerJuan77
Next-Gen

Post by KillerJuan77 »

Ack wrote:So anyway, beyond the darkness...thoughts? Criticisms? Does the Leon campaign feel like a survival horror game, or is this too similar to RE5?

Based on the demo? Not really, Leon's campaign is definetely tense based on it and the ammo is EXTREMELY limited so every shot counts. Chris's feels more action based although it's not such a bad thing, since the ammo is fairly limited too.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

From what I played of Leon's campaign, there's an increased emphasis on melee attacks. I found both myself and my partner having to use them and some were pretty bad ass looking. There's also some quick time event sort of stuff when a zombie gets its mitts on you

The problem with the demo is that with one girl fighting at your side, and another talking through your earpiece, it doesn't feel like survival horror. It's RE 5 all over again.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

Speaking of melee... Using Leon's knife on zombies was actually really effective. You don't have to waste bullets on lone zombies. That conserved some ammo for when you had to face hordes.
Ack

Post by Ack »

Hmm...interesting, though if it is similar to Resident Evil 5...well, I think I will hold off for a while.