Lets name the Top 200 SNES games

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii
Pirate_Higemaru
8-bit

Re: Lets name the Top 200 SNES games

Post by Pirate_Higemaru »

Demon's Crest.

The SNES was one of the best systems for action platformers and Demon's Crest is proof of this. The game looks and sounds absolutely beautiful. The soundtrack is melancholic and haunting while the game's visuals have a dark and gruesome look to them. The game features an overworld that allows you to challenge any of the stages in any order you please. It's notable for having some really tough bosses and incredibly well done levels. It also features an early attempt at new-game plus which was almost unheard of at the time.
Last edited by Pirate_Higemaru on Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Okay, I'll add a few comments like CFFJR did. Basically, it's like Battletoads on the NES, but shorter and not quite as brutally hard (still pretty tough though)and with prettier graphics and better music. It seems like they took the more memorable gameplay elements of the original and left everything else out. I think it makes for a more accessible and focused game than the original, though not as fresh and original
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

Gamerforlife wrote:Okay, I'll add a few comments like CFFJR did.

There we go. I can see these threads becoming interesting discussion-wise if comments are added, but like I said in the other thread, just randomly listing titles seems pointless.

Also, hell yeah, Battletoads SNES is awesome. I prefer Battletoads and Battletoads and Double Dragon to it, but it's still a fun beat em up. The sprites are a little weird though.
Valkyrie-Favor
Next-Gen

Post by Valkyrie-Favor »

Hmm. Instead of mentioning Final fantasy 4-6, A Link to the Past, Super Metroid, etc, I think it would be better to list games everyone doesn't already know about.

Assault Suits Valken!
Tsun tsun dere tsun dere tsun tsun~ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . UPDATED trade list
noiseredux wrote:Playing on your GBA/PSP you can be watching a movie/TV show/playing another RPG on your TV and then just look at the screen every once in a while
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

Valkyrie-Favor wrote:Hmm. Instead of mentioning Final fantasy 4-6, A Link to the Past, Super Metroid, etc, I think it would be better to list games everyone doesn't already know about.

Assault Suits Valken!

That's awesome, but it can work too well. Case in point, I've never heard of Assault Suits Valken.

Please tell us a bit about it! :)
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
Valkyrie-Favor
Next-Gen

Post by Valkyrie-Favor »

It's a Japanese mech shooter/platformer game that got released here as Cybernator, but the JP version is a lot better. It includes a completely different story, nice character portraits, and intense scenes not recommended for children (like a suicide scene).

http://www.allgame.com/game.php?id=30681&tab=screen
Tsun tsun dere tsun dere tsun tsun~ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . UPDATED trade list
noiseredux wrote:Playing on your GBA/PSP you can be watching a movie/TV show/playing another RPG on your TV and then just look at the screen every once in a while
SwooshBear
Next-Gen

Post by SwooshBear »

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
My personal favorite Zelda, I wish there could have been more 2D ones like this.
Incognito D wrote:Mere months after buying my original GBA, Nintendo trolled me hard by releasing the SP.

Check me out on twitter: SwooshBear742
the King
Next-Gen

Post by the King »

mas
Next-Gen

Post by mas »

god there is soo many good games on the snes. I guess if I have to choose one it would be...
rise of the robots :shock:

Just kidding :wink: super punch out is my choice
scarper
128-bit

Post by scarper »

the King wrote:http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28989

We're gonna top it. We're gonna prove just how even more awesome the Super Nintendo is.

Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius

I'm sure the entire Parodius series will make its way onto this list. This installment is my personal favorite. Giving another confetti filled tip of the hat to Gradius, this pushes out even more Konami madness, with all new bosses, and a Japanese announcer going nuts throughout the entire playthrough.
Attachments
parodius 2.jpg
parodius 2.jpg (37.22 KiB) Viewed 894 times